Relocating to Valdosta

Hey guys, first of all I would like to say that I'm not asking for specific spots or whether ducks are in an area, not trying to cyber scout. However I will be moving to Valdosta in mid Octoberand was wondering if anyone could give me general areas that holds water and is legal to duck hunt. I'm already tracking Grand Bay WMA, but that's about all I have found.
Also if anyone knows of any hunting clubs with large ponds that would possibly lease me just the privalege to waterfowl hunt on them I would appreciate that as well.

This one may seem stupid, but does anyone worry about gators during duck season? I don't know about standing in water with those teeth creatures.

Again, if this post is too close to cyber scouting i apologize, that was not my intent. And I greatly appreciate any help you all are willing to provide. Hope yall have a great upcoming season and keep your bags full.

Thanks again and God bless.

MudDucker

Staff member
Your coming to the mecca of duck hunting ... not!

flatsmaster

Be prepared if u come to Florida to plan on spending the night ... my buddy hunted public Saturday and showed up Fri at 5 and was the 16th truck in line... for teal with very few birds around

Gaducker

Hey guys, first of all I would like to say that I'm not asking for specific spots or whether ducks are in an area, not trying to cyber scout. However I will be moving to Valdosta in mid Octoberand was wondering if anyone could give me general areas that holds water and is legal to duck hunt. I'm already tracking Grand Bay WMA, but that's about all I have found.
Also if anyone knows of any hunting clubs with large ponds that would possibly lease me just the privalege to waterfowl hunt on them I would appreciate that as well.

This one may seem stupid, but does anyone worry about gators during duck season? I don't know about standing in water with those teeth creatures.

Again, if this post is too close to cyber scouting i apologize, that was not my intent. And I greatly appreciate any help you all are willing to provide. Hope yall have a great upcoming season and keep your bags full.

Goin to school? or just moving for work?

CCSAR22

I just got stationed at Moody last but have been deployed most of the year. I plan on taking my NuCanoe kayak on Rays mill and some of the rivers for around the area for ducks. I read in the regs that Paradise PFA allows duck hunting on certain ponds but I havent figured that part out yet.

Bubba_1122

I've hunted Ray's Mill Pond in the past. Not great but used to be a chance to kill a few.

I deer hunt within hearing distance of Grand Bay. I don't hear much shooting from the duck hunters over there.

Check out Potash Corp-White Springs.
Can be tough hunting but when cold fronts come through you can kill a pile of teal and divers in other ponds too.