Remember these?

KentuckyHeadhunter

Forgot I had a brand new box of these stashed away for years. Purchased around 1994 they were still $29.95 for 20 rounds. Later banned and defined as pure evil to surgical gloves or something ridiculous. Just an ammo flashback post.

Attachments

• IMG_20181209_194115_01~2.jpg
    IMG_20181209_194115_01~2.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 80

Buckman18

I got a couple boxes of 30-06 black talons from the early 90’s.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Winchester dropped the black coating and called them the SXT, none of the lefty anti everything organizations knew it was the same bullet with a different look. Miraculously the embellished abilities of the bullet stopped as soon as the coating was removed...

bullgator

I have about 10 boxes in about 4 different calibers. I can’t bring myself to shoot them ;)

Dub

Seems that there were some ridiculously embellished rumors about their penetrating abilities if I remember correctly.

They were death ray beam bullets that could take down engine blocks, elephants and pit bulls......just watch any news story coverage.

If they were used in Glocks that were held sideways.....they could also be steered around cover like mini guided cruise missiles.

The hype around them was unreal.....and sold, sold, sold.

It's funny now....looking back on it.

Just imagine if such a "media-marketed" bullet hit the shelves today......Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters would make even more outlandish claims over it and it would start all over again. :rofl:

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Yep I still have 2 boxes in the safe. .45 ACP.

Reactions: Dub

Big7

The Oracle
"Cop Killers"..

Same thing happened when the
FN 5.7 came out. Now they make
one for military/le and one for
"regular folks"

P.S.... I have a full box of 9MM
BAT cartridges.

Anyone remember those?

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The last box I had was in .45ACP. Somebody helped themselves to them when they broke in my house and toted off my 1911 a few years ago.

The Winchester Rangers are very close to the same bullet.

Jester896

Senior Clown
the new Ranger part # is RA45T I believe
the old Ranger part # was RA45SXT (same exact thing) :D

Reactions: Dub

Stroker

Don't have any of the Black Talons, but I do have several boxes of the Remington 30-06 55 grain Accelerators.

krizia829

We have a box of .40 cal we acquired from a family friend who "accidentally" shot himself in the head about 6 years ago showing his gun to some friends. It was his way to show them the gun wasn't loaded after they told him to be careful and check it first.. :mad: