Remembering Chad Today

olcaptain

1/30/19

Many of you prayed for us and helped us through this valley and I will never forget your kindness. Today I am .........

Remembering Chad

Ramona and I were both 23 years old when Chad entered our lives. That was 43 years ago today and this historical event occurred at Northside Hospital in Atlanta, Ga. In typical fashion, Chad came into this world in a big way. At 10 lbs, 2 ozs he was instantly larger than most of his peers. He was so big that when Marion Beaver came up to visit us, he shared that he couldn’t find Chad as he looked through the Nursery window. Later, Marion told me “I finally found him. He was rocking another baby.”

For the next 42 plus years Chad lived a larger than life adventure. He packed more into 42 yrs than most of us will live in twice that many. He had a work ethic that was second to none and when he entered a room, all eyes were turned on him. His infectious smile, his hugs that could take your breath away and his love and sense of humor will always be remembered.

I’ve learned quite a bit since those first days as a 23-year-old father. For instance, I’ve learned that our children are a gift from God. They are not our own. We are to love them and do our best by them for as long as we possibly can. I’ve also learned that time indeed, stands still for no man. I’m now 66 and I’ve learned that every day matters, everyone I meet matters and I’ve learned that my relationship with God through His son Jesus Christ, matters more than anything else.

I’ve been in church all my life and early on I read and was taught about a father named Job. He lost everything yet he still clung to his faith in God. This morning on Chad’s 43rd birthday, I’d like to echo Job’s words from Job 1:21….

“Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

I loved him dearly.

Chad Matthew LaFavor

January 30,1976 - March 5, 2018

Chad2.jpg

Chad8.jpg
Chad4.jpg
Chad5.jpg

Chad3.jpg

Chad1.jpg

Chad6.jpg

Chad7.jpg

Huntin Nole

Very well written sir. As a father to a son, this made me pause to think about our relationship. He's in college and I don't see him as much as I'd like these days, but you've reminded me to cherish the times I do see him and to take every opportunity to be with him when I can. RIP Chad.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
So sorry for your loss. So thankful God's grace & mercy is helping your family heal.
Will be a great reunion one day.
Continuing to lift you up in prayer.
RIP Chad.

NugeForPres

I have typed and erased a dozen things, but I just can't find the right words..... I am thankful that you have shared so much about your son that I feel like I knew him myself. You are in my prayers, Cap.

firebreather

I feel your pain , only memories to focus on , for me , hope you had a good day , remembering

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Captain,

I was honored to attend Chad's funeral and also be able to meet you and your family face to face as such including your Brother (who also happens to be a member here) and his family as well.

I will tell everyone that being a part of this service was like none other that I have ever attended. I have NEVER seen such a powerful service as Chad's and I realized as I was driving home that afternoon that I had never met anyone such as YOU, along with your family members and so many of your friends that completely filled the church that day to over-flowing capacity. It was easy to see all of the LOVE that was poured out to your family from all of the people during this service. This church is one of the most beautiful ones that I have ever seen and surely one of the largest ones that I have even been in.

What most people might not realize is the fact that you actually performed the majority of this service for Chad and it truly showed the LOVE that you have for him and there was no doubt that you knew that you and Chad would be together again soon. I have never attended a service that so many people had such a loving connection to one person and their entire family such as this.

I absolutely love to see your posts on this website because I do my best to read and absorb each one of them in my memory as such because each one tells a fantastic story about the LOVE that a Father and Son have for each other.

Bless you Horace, and your son, Chad, for also being a part of my life in such a unique way. I am very thankful for the memories that I shared that day back in March 2018.

Latest posts