Remington 783?

coon hunter

Has anyone tried the Rem 783? I am looking at the 6.5 creedemore tactical with the 16.5in bull barrel and was wandering if anyone and tried one or had any experience with it.

SC Hunter

I have a friend who has one in 30-06 that he put a vortex scope on. It shoots good for what it is and will shoot under an inch at 100.

30-338

I would think that the 16.5” barrel may be too short for the 6.5 Creedmoor. I expect that there will be a substantial muzzle flash with factory ammo. The 120 grain bullets should have less muzzle flash. However, I have not heard of any results from someone shooting a Creedmoor with less than a 20” barrel.

Blackston

I bought a 783 in 7 mag pulled the trigger once and knew I was selling it IMO it’s junk I Bought a 45 yo BDL in 7 mag and LOVE it !!!!!

Robert28

The only rifles Remington currently makes that I'd spend money on are the M700 & Model7.

Any new design they've developed over the last 15 years or so is not something I'd spend a dime on.
And I’m scared off from the current batch of 700’s and 7’s they’re making. Only new Remington I own is an 870 that I bought specifically for a duck gun. The finish is garbage, the ejector is pot metal and needs replacing soon as you get it, trigger guard plastic, it serves its purpose though and that’s to be a duck gun that I can paddle with if I need to, push off on a tree with, use it and abuse it and so far it’s been good......WHEN you upgrade that lousy ejector.

Reactions: Dub

georgia_home

As a remmy guy, I wouldn’t touch it. It’s utilitarian and could kill a a deer, but I’d go 700.

If I recall the model numbers right, The 710 became the 770 became the 780 became the 783. If their changing numbers like, that there is a reason. A couple of those models had recalls so they change the number.

I would buy a 700.

Reactions: Dub