Remington V3 thoughts? “Updated”

Easygo

I won this shotgun son it cost me $10.00s for the winning ticket.And that $10.00 was HARD EARNED. ?

My message was intended for the op. I agree with you, if I won one for 10 bucks then I’d be sticking with it as well. Seeing as how the op doesn’t seem to have your luck , I’ll say it again. I hope he puts his money in a M2

DRBugman85

My message was intended for the op. I agree with you, if I won one for 10 bucks then I’d be sticking with it as well. Seeing as how the op doesn’t seem to have your luck , I’ll say it again. I hope he puts his money in a M2
I have Beretta's, Browning, Benelli,Winchester, Remington, Stoeger and Franchi,Won the Winchester SX 3 last year and a Franchi 2 weeks ago and all shoot great just saying the Franchi for the money is a fine a weapon is any of them. NOTHING has held up as good as the Remington 870 (6) in the safe and my go to weapon for waterfowl, It's was a opinion.To each thier on.✌

Totaloutdoorsman

Please take your hard earned money and buy a M2. If not, you will go through more than several high dollar gas autos and wish you had an inertia gun. M2 gives you everything. IMO perfect rib height, perfect balance, perfect function. On the browning maxus recommendation, I have to say I’ve shot with 4 different maxus owners. Every one was a jam o matic

I agree. I think Browning’s have fallen off the last few years. My buddy had a new A5 that did nothing but cause problems. Failure to cycle 1 1/8oz dove loads, camo dip wiped off the barrel during regular cleaning, failure to eject duck loads, bolt seized to the rear after sending a shell into the action from the tube. He got rid of it and bought an M2 like I told him to do originally.

Long Cut

Another nod to Franchi’s, mine has been awesome the past 4 years from dove to turkey. For $550 off gunbroker you couldn’t beat it

FOLES55

So after all you guys help, reviews and price checking I went with the Benelli M2 American with 26 inch barrel in bottomland camo. Now another question to finish my quest, what’s the best choke tube(s) for waterfowl? I’ve looked at patternmaster anaconda and Carlson’s creamator.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You did good. I shoot an improved cylinder extended at most everything that flies. Don't know the brand.....think it's a Briley.

Easygo

So after all you guys help, reviews and price checking I went with the Benelli M2 American with 26 inch barrel in bottomland camo. Now another question to finish my quest, what’s the best choke tube(s) for waterfowl? I’ve looked at patternmaster anaconda and Carlson’s creamator.

The factory choke tubes are all you need. I would just buy flush chokes from Carlson if you see a particular constriction you want that you don’t have

Totaloutdoorsman

I use the Cabela’s Northern Flight choke in my M2. It’s a rebranded Cremator. Constriction is a light Modified which is perfect as a one and done choke. They may be discontinued unless you can find one floating around on Cabela’s clearance or eBay. Or just go with the mid range Cremator.

one hogman

I bought a V3 last year it is an AWESUM shotgun, lighter than most of the 3Bs, cheaper and it is the lightest recoiling 3inch gun I have ever shot, I killed a few duck, Geese and crows with it last year I like mine a LOT!!

I bought a v3 as soon as they hit the shelves. The gun jammed when it was new but after break in process it goes boom boom boom. I love it and its made in america as well.

TexasRed45

I posted on here a while back recommending a V3. I have it and love it. Up until yesterday when I was having issues with it. Note, yesterday morning when i was putting on my waders in the barn my gun slid from where I had rested it and hit the concrete, almost broke my heart. But it wasn't that hard of a fall and it seemed fine, I mean its a duck gun, it ought to be able to take a lot of abuse. Well now its having some issues firing. The shell that I chamber fires fine, but the next shell it cycles in doesn't (i pull the trigger and nothing, I look at the shell and no firing pin mark so the pin isn't even releasing). It gave me more issues so I took it home cleaned it real good and shot it again. Still acting up, not every time but maybe 20% of the time. I think it has something to do with trigger mechanism. Any other V3 owners run into this? Will be taking to gunsmith on tuesday, I'll fill y'all in on his take. Not saying it isn't a good gun, but c'mon I payed for a gun that shoots every time i pull the trigger. Sure hope a small fall on concrete was the thing that done it.

Last edited:

Dub

I'll just throw this in there.

A buddy called me the other day and asked me how I was liking the Beretta A400 Xtreme that I've had for the past two years.

I told him that it has been super in every way. I've even used it on the sporting clays course some.

It shoots any and everything you can think of with reliable precision. I've run 3.5" magnum turkey loads through it rapid fire....just to see how she'd do. Flawless. Their Kick-off stuff is magic, too.

The gun fits me well and I"m very pleased with it. As far as semi-auto shotguns go...my first choice is still Beretta.

He said he was asking because he saw where the local Cabela's was running them on an awesome sales price and he wanted a duck gun that he'd use on other stuff, too.

one hogman

I posted on here a while back recommending a V3. I have it and love it. Up until yesterday when I was having issues with it. Note, yesterday morning when i was putting on my waders in the barn my gun slid from where I had rested it and hit the concrete, almost broke my heart. But it wasn't that hard of a fall and it seemed fine, I mean its a duck gun, it ought to be able to take a lot of abuse. Well now its having some issues firing. The shell that I chamber fires fine, but the next shell it cycles in doesn't (i pull the trigger and nothing, I look at the shell and no firing pin mark so the pin isn't even releasing). It gave me more issues so I took it home cleaned it real good and shot it again. Still acting up, not every time but maybe 20% of the time. I think it has something to do with trigger mechanism. Any other V3 owners run into this? Will be taking to gunsmith on tuesday, I'll fill y'all in on his take. Not saying it isn't a good gun, but c'mon I payed for a gun that shoots every time i pull the trigger. Sure hope a small fall on concrete was the thing that done it.
Remington claims a Lifetime Warranty on these guns, Give them a call..