Remington V3 thoughts? “Updated”

FOLES55

Wife gave me a green light for a new duck gun and was looking at the Remington V3. Figured what better than to ask you guys? It will be used for dove and turkey also.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I can't comment personally on thr v3 but I haven't heard much good come from the Remington camp as far as shotguns in a long while. I know it's chiche by now but sticking with the 3 B's are going to get you a tried and true shotgun and all 3 I'd be willing to bet will sell better used and be much more easy to get warrantied if something goes wrong

Reactions: Dub

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Why won't it let me type the letter b by itself? 3 b's as in browning, benelli, Beretta

Reactions: Dub

FOLES55

Thanks Mizz

FOLES55

That said, what’s a good 3B gun that’s still easy on the wallet? I know you get what you pay for, but thinking $1k as a cap on budget.

I’ve got 2 Arkansas trips lined up this year and wanting something that will perform.

DRBugman85

That said, what’s a good 3B gun that’s still easy on the wallet? I know you get what you pay for, but thinking $1k as a cap on budget.

I’ve got 2 Arkansas trips lined up this year and wanting something that will perform.
REMINGTON WINGMASTER 870 Special purpose, Ya got shuck it but it's a TUFF shotgun, KILLS ducks as dead as any of the 3 B's shotguns,1/2 the price.. I own the 3 B's all fine shotgun and my 870's are my go to weapon in the duck blind for 58 years.

flatsmaster

My boy has the new Browning A5 and loves it ... I have 2 of the older Benelli M1's that I hunt with ... can find good used on GunBroker ... new 3 1/2 inch Browning Benelli or Beretta auto loader over $1,000 ... I'm sure u can get a Beretta A300 for $700ish ... 3 inch gun

gtmcwhorter

I’ve got a versamax and I love it. I’ve only ever hunted with an 870 and then the last 3 years with it. See if you can find a used versamax sportsman shouldn’t cost you much more than a new v3. That being said if I was looking for a good semi for hunting on a tight budget I’d be looking for a used stoeger

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You can easily find a browning maxus used for less than that. I have a couple of buddies who have them, they're nice guns. I saw one on ODT for 750 yesterday. I would definitely go with a maxus over a stoeger or franchi (under the Benelli/beretta umbrella, but nowhere near the same quality) I like the benelli guns myself, but to find one even used under 1000 is hard. I'm sure there are some m2's around the 900 mark used.

BP1994

I got the Beretta Xtrema A350 last year, Definitely worth the price(little over 1k). I'm sure you could get a gently used model for under 1,000, but recommend it 100%

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Just a FYI.....2 browning maxus on ODT right now. An unfired camo 3.5 listed at 1000, and a black 3 inch model at 750. Check the fit and pointability of all you are interested in, first and foremost

bullgator

Benelli M2. Best all round in my opinion. Reliable and easy to clean.

DRBugman85

I acquired Franchi 3 1/2 chamber and broke it in on a Dove shoot.For a 870 man I was impressed, Light weight,points & swings great,kicks like a 410 and after 3 hunts cleaned up easily.Shot waterfowl loads and very little kick. Very nice gun for the money

Easygo

Please take your hard earned money and buy a M2. If not, you will go through more than several high dollar gas autos and wish you had an inertia gun. M2 gives you everything. IMO perfect rib height, perfect balance, perfect function. On the browning maxus recommendation, I have to say I’ve shot with 4 different maxus owners. Every one was a jam o matic

DRBugman85

I acquired Franchi 3 1/2 chamber and broke it in on a Dove shoot.For a 870 man I was impressed, Light weight,points & swings great,kicks like a 410 and after 3 hunts cleaned up easily.Shot waterfowl loads and very little kick. Very nice gun for the money
I won this shotgun son it cost me $10.00s for the winning ticket.And that $10.00 was HARD EARNED. ?

Latest posts