Removing red clay stain off of vinyl siding?

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Got my rental house on the market. Just pressure washed it not long ago,but one side of the house the dogs killed the grass to bare dirt. Now the it is stained from mud splashing up during a rain. I used bleach and the high dollar pressure washing soap, i can't get rid of the stain and the realtor is kind of making a big deal about it.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Try some iron out.. Wife uses it to get clay out of white baseball pants. Stuff smells pretty toxic but it works. I'd wear gloves. Good luck.. Buddy

GA native

Rust remover seems like a good idea. Bar Keepers Friend works well at that.

Another idea is to install some shrubs along the foundation. Hide the stain. Have to keep them watered though, which may present a problem...

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Awesome. Thanks y'all.ill give that a try. Also, I have planted shrubs and will be spreading pinestraw this weekend.

Killdee

Home depot sells a product that works but the name escapes me, its in the paint dept. I had bleached a vinyl house 1 time that sparkled but where the red mud was, put this on with a pumpsprayer and a little scrubbing the stubborn spots.

north_ga fireman

I own a pressure washing business and have found that aluminum acid cleaner mixed 1 to 1 will take those stains off just wet it and then spray it brush lightly and rinse it.

JohnCarlson

Hi there, I hope the stain must be removed now. If not, then you should try red clay stain remover which works great for removing stains from fiberglass, vinyl siding, carpet, plastic, etc. It works effectively and safely for removing stains from interior and exterior surfaces. For reselling your home, having some cleaning and little remodeling is a great idea. We too are planning to resale our home and getting some exterior home improvement done by the contractors at STB Remodeling Group. They are too using that red clay stain remover for cleaning the siding, this is why I recommended you to use this remover for effective results.

1gr8bldr

WD40? LOL, I don't know but I know someone who claims it works