Renovation Refi Recommendations?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So the house needs a face lift. Really, just about everything except the roof which is only a few years old. The exterior siding soffit and windows could survive for now(need it too), but the kitchen is shot out and I want to get my wife a new one. Would like to get recommendations from my friends here. I basically want to pay for this with my mortgage. Did a HELOC 20 years ago and didnt like that......want to stay with one loan, one payment. But am open to all suggestions......should I call a renovations company first?

Best refi mortgage company?
Kitchen renovation company?
Thanks folks,
Bruce

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks Patrick! My wife works for a closing attorney and when I asked her who she likes getting loans from, Quicken was the first thing out of her mouth........she said they seem to have it together better than most.

westcobbdog

So the house needs a face lift. Really, just about everything except the roof which is only a few years old. The exterior siding soffit and windows could survive for now(need it too), but the kitchen is shot out and I want to get my wife a new one. Would like to get recommendations from my friends here. I basically want to pay for this with my mortgage. Did a HELOC 20 years ago and didnt like that......want to stay with one loan, one payment. But am open to all suggestions......should I call a renovations company first?

Best refi mortgage company?
Kitchen renovation company?
Thanks folks,
Bruce

HELOC home equity line of credit low costs low low interest rate.

On the kitchen reno, do you mean repainting cabs and new tops and splash and flooring?

westcobbdog

I am living in a reno gut job where all my furniture was in the basement for a few months and we slept on an air mattress. Still not complete but I can help with a few contractors and other suggestions and do's and dont's. We did interior paint windows took out 2 walls took out windows and sliding doors changed flooring ripped out whole kitchen and reconfigured it. Waiting on quartz tops. Lots of hidden gotchas with electrical plumbing framing ect..used a few local building supply houses for most materials.

JohnnyWalker

You could do a cash out refi on your mortgage to pay for the renovations but you have high fees associated with many of them so be careful.
We used "homeadvisor.com" to find a good contractor to install hardwood flooring, remove the popcorn ceiling and do a smooth finish and paint the entire interior.
Lowes renovated our kitchen and replaced the entry door.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You could do a cash out refi on your mortgage to pay for the renovations but you have high fees associated with many of them so be careful.
We used "homeadvisor.com" to find a good contractor to install hardwood flooring, remove the popcorn ceiling and do a smooth finish and paint the entire interior.
Lowes renovated our kitchen and replaced the entry door.
How did you like the Lowes contracter? I am wanting new cabinets, appliances floors, rear entry door.....thought about changing layout and opening a wall , but that might be a little excessive....I’d be happy with just new everything. We did the ceiling and put in can lights a few years ago.

JohnnyWalker

We really liked the Lowes contractor. They came in installed new Sillstone counter tops, subway tile back splashes, cleaned up and were out in a few hours. We had them install new cabinets and counter tops, aluminum siding and new windows in another house we own. They did a great job on all of it.