Replacement for th stone park port st joe

NE GA Pappy

I don't have a suggestion, but pictures I saw after the hurricane showed the pennisula cut in two just beyond the boat ramp, making the tip an island. It will be a major undertaking to either fill that cut back in, or building a bridge across it.

I wouldn't think any camping will there for several years.

The pics I saw showed the dunes completely gone. I’ve heard 5+ years to repair the road.

mdgreco191

Presnells is a private campground on the mainland side of st joes bay that is open. There is another private campground just south of the cape near st Vincent as well, but I am unsure if they are open.

95g atl

Would agree with 4Hand but we did like TH Stone better. Wondered about Indian Pass Campground but it looks to be geared more towards fishermen.

https://www.indianpasscamp.com/rv-sites
I drove thru this campground a couple years ago.
It is humble.
I'd agree w/geared more towards fisherman.
Definitely no luxury campground here.
There also seemed like a lot of long term campers (or homesteaders) with older and less maintained RV's.

I drove thru this campground a couple years ago.
It is humble.
I'd agree w/geared more towards fisherman.
Definitely no luxury campground here.
There also seemed like a lot of long term campers (or homesteaders) with older and less maintained RV's.
Indian Pass is OK. One of the things I did like there is the very well air conditioned bath houses and restrooms.

Rabun

It took a beating, but when i was there mid June, they were working on it and appeared some might have been open....Indian Pass I'm speaking about.

I'd probably go to St. George if not Port St. Joe. I think we liked T.H. Stone better because the campsites were closer to the beach. We like the beach on one side and bay on the other. Just walk over the dune bridge and you're on the beach. Nice sunsets!

St. George is nice as well. It's on an island with a couple of beach like restaurants. Looks like they even have a Piggly Wiggly Express grocery store.

You can go inland to Eastpoint & Apalachicola for even more shops and restaurants. We've spent a day just eating and walking around in Apalachicola.

It looks like you can't just walk to the beach from your campsite at St. George State Park. Could just drive up to what appears to be a nice bathhouse. Might be easier than wheeling everything over a wooden sand dune bridge.

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
Actually, they do. Have not been there in several years but they had one then. It's behind the office. Don't have any idea what the storm might have done.

You and me need to try to get down there fishing sometime in August.