Republican Turn Coats Give Demonrats the Votes

Thread starter #1
Vote in the Senate was 59 to 41, which means 11 crossed over the left side. This is a display of abject stupidity in my opinion. The facts regarding the illegals flooding are border, bringing disease, drugs and criminals is so overwhelming that to state it is not a national emergency is to say, look at me, I'm stupid!

Drain the swamp!

Duff

Sen. Roger Wicker (Mississippi)
Sen. Marco Rubio (Florida)
Sen. Rob Portman (Ohio)
Sen. Susan Collins (Maine)
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Sen. Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania)
Sen. Roy Blunt (Missouri)
Sen. Lamar Alexander (Tennessee)
Sen. Mitt Romney (Utah)
Sen. Rand Paul (Kentucky)
Sen. Jerry Moran (Kansas)
Sen. Mike Lee (Utah)

Utah Mitch crossed. Says he’s for the wall but Trump should not be allowed to circumvent Congress to get the funds. He’s still bitter
That comment of his reminds me of those who used to smugly say....."I support the troops but I don't support the war".
Similar to what a wife who's got somebody else says on the way out....."I love you but I'm not in love with you".
Those kind of goofy platitudes make me puke.

This is stupid in the extreme. Congress gave the President the power to do exactly what he is doing and they gave him the money too. Now, because it's Trump they think this "Do Over" vote means something. If these dip wads were serious about reigning in the imperial presidency they would come up with a veto proof bill and ram it through, but they aren't doing that. You are free to surmise why that is.

Me neither. But I think he knows we'll never have a wall anyway and wants to leave the legacy of a statesman rather than a partisan.
His vote was not a display of statesmanship. It was a prophylactic designed to insulate him when he is nominated to an Appellate court or the SCOTUS. It was a cynical political ploy and nothing more.

hawglips

His vote was not a display of statesmanship. It was a prophylactic designed to insulate him when he is nominated to an Appellate court or the SCOTUS. It was a cynical political ploy and nothing more.
Prolly so....

But that's not the way history will say it. He knows who writes the history...

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
I don't get it,didn't congress give the authority for this,,,,it's been used many times by many Presidents,,,,teach me,,,,