Request just a small prayer

Georgiaastro

If you don't mind, I would ask for a small prayer for me. I hope I don't sound greedy. I will be going on a mission trip leaving the 14th of January. This will be my first trip of this type since I accepted Jesus Christ back in 1994. I have been thinking about it and my brother-law ask me to go with a group from Forsyth County. I ask your prayers for the whole group as we will be scattered over the island of Jamaica, going to schools and churches and a few will be putting a roof back on a church that was damaged in one of the hurricanes.

Thanks and God Bless!!

Larry

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
You got it Larry!

I am sure the people will be more than thanksful for your good will.

Jim

Jeff Phillips

Prayers are on the way Larry ::;

Mission Trips are a great way to share the Love of Christ!

It is very hard to discribe but you will recieve many blessings from this trip, the 1st is always extra special! You go on a trip like that to work for the Lord, expecting the folks you are serving to be the ones receiving the blessing, but I always have felt I received more just by being willing to go!

Last edited:

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Not Greedy Brother!

I'll be sending up BIG OLE' prayers for you and the team!!!

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Not trying to be humorous but I think Small Prayer is a huge oximoron.

I will try a small one but it will end up big.

I am looking forward to a large praise report from these small prayers. ::;

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
You got them Georgiaastro.

Woody's Janitor

Go do God's work and spread His word. Thank you for taking trip to do His work. Have a safe trip and tell us about it when you get back.

Al33

Mission success and safe travel. May you be richly blessed for your sacrifice of time and comfort to serve the needs of others.

Al

Duff

You got it Gaastro. What part of Jamacia will your mission be??

Georgiaastro

Duff

Duff said:
You got it Gaastro. What part of Jamacia will your mission be??

Our little group will be in Spanish Town some place outside of Kingston.

Larry

QuakerBoy

I try and keep my prayers to one size....bet you're welcome to have one :)

good luck

Preacher2671

Hey Larry, I send my prayers with you and I know from experience you will have a blessed trip. I'm guesing that you are going with Stewart Crusades and more than likely you'll be staying with Rev. Jeffrey McKenzie. I have been with the group on 4 trips down there and all I can say is that they are absolutely amazing. I stayed with Rev. McKenzie 4 years ago and he has a wonderful family. I have had to take the last 2 years off from going and look forward to getting to go back next year if all is well. My name is Joey Gilbert and I pastor Harmony Baptist Church in Dawsonville. Keep me posted and I wish you the very best. My God bless you for your efforts.

Meriwether Mike

Praying for safety for all and Gods blessings on your projects.

Georgiaastro

Joey

That is who I will be staying with, along with my brother-law and Ruben Smith from Concord Baptist. I'm really looking forward to it. I guess you can call me a homebody but I have never flown before so that will be a new experience also. Will try and post some of the trip when we get back. I will probably have to let my wife do it, or my post may get to long, wanting to tell everything. I belong to New Harmony Baptist in Forsyth.

God Bless

Larry

Preacher2671

Larry, I know about the flying thing....my 1st trip to Jamaica was also my 1st flight and it remains the only place I've ever flown to. I have to say it is a beautiful flight....going down the east coast of Florida and over Cuba. The church we held crudsade in was called Ebonyvale and we had some wonderful meetings. I can assure you that it will be a little different thann services at New Harmony. It is a wonderful experience that really changed my life and let me see just how blessed God's children are regardless of where they are or how much money they have. The people down there are some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. If you couldn't tell i could go on and on talking about but I'll spare you. Best wishes to you and the group. Tell jackie and the men I said hello.

Joey

DavidW

Prayers....

Larry your much too special for a small prayer. So we`ll send out some that are more fitting to a man with a heart the size of yours. God Bless!!
The Woodalls

Georgiaastro

Thanks

For all the prayers. We will be leaving Friday morning and I'm all packed and ready to go. I looking forward to trying to hellp a few lost soles and more then likely will receive many blessings myself.

David, We need to get together and go out for dinner when I get back from Jamaica.

Larry

DavidW

!!!!!

We would love to. I really wish you wouold reconsider and buy another boat so ya`ll could start fishing with us again.