Results from Sat tourny out of Sugar Creek?

rich-n-tone

Anyone know how the tournament at Oconee went, me and my brother fished one out of Brantley's and I was just wandering who won the tourny out of Sugar Creek.

TurkeyCreek

philip,

how did y'all do???

and how did your dad and tommy do at eufula???wasn't it this weekend???

rich-n-tone

Me and Matt got 21 out of 60. We had 7.1 lbs. It was a bad day,we didn't get to blast off till about 8:30 due to the fog, we finally found the fish at about noon, but no big ones. The winner had 19.5 lbs, with a 7.6lb kicker. Dad and Tommy got third at Eufala. I was trying to see how Aaron did a R&R tourny.

aaron batson

Sorry for the delay - I have been real busy lately.

I did fish the R&R event out of Sugar creek. They had 71 teams. It took 20lbs to win and 15 lbs to even get a check, real strong. We had a five fish limit that went 12.98 lbs - good enough for 19th place - no check this time.

We caught our fish on spinnerbaits and rat-l-traps early in the day. The bite got tough after lunch time. We caught about 20 keepers thru the day. Sounds like I should have fished the tourny out of Brantleys, may have got a check in that one?

TRC

Sorry you didnt win Saturday Aaron. I guess its because Tim & I wore you out last friday. That sure was a lot of fun and we both really enjoyed having you guide for us. We ate those hybrids Friday night.........um good! I got to get me some of those white crankbaits, but I did somehow manage to catch 4 more since you tried to teach me a thing or two last week!

Tom

aaron batson

Tom -

Thanks for allowing me to take you guys out. Looking forward to doing it again. It is always nice to have sombody catch their "first bass" out of my boat on a guide trip. The look on your face was priceless.

Glad you enjoyed those hybrids. Took the wife and kids back on Wednesday afternoon and caught 14 good ones. Blake and Claire had a blast with them.

TRC

Let me tell you what Aaron......although catchin' the hybrids was fun, I'm hooked on this bass fishing. I guess its a good thing considering the amount of $ I've spent on my boat, rods,etc over the past few months........lol. I really like my E-tec though...its one sweet motor!

Saturday morning around 6:30 it was so foggy you couldnt see past your rod tip so I just eased out of the boat slip with my trolling motor and caught a little 2 pounder on my very first cast in the boat slip next to the one I was parked in and then caught a few more at some of those other spots we went to. Throwing em all back so their still swimmin'. Saturday morning it was still foggy as you know what when I heard all the tournament boats go flying WOT down the lake. Gots to have a lot of nerve to run WOT in that kind of fog. I guess the urge bass fish will make you do some crazy things!

tom

t bird

rich-n-tone

I didn't know you were on this forum. I see you and your brother been fishing a few tounaments. Yeah, me, jason and kevin woke ya'll up pretty early about 3 weeks ago out there in Hunts Chapel condo's!!! Ha ha ha ... I bought me a new boat about a month ago. Came up your way in jason's cove and caught some real nice bass. We need to go fishing when you get a chance... Trae