Rhino thoughts

dfurdennis

Was rolling down the dirt road at the club the other day moving at almost full speed and she just fell over on her face, popped, stalled and had to tow her back to camp. Cranked it back up after it cooled off and she's knocking like a freight train. It's a 2004 yamaha rhino 660...what are some thoughts about engine rebuilds....or should I just throw some gas on it light the match and walk away.....don't really want a payment but the property is 1200 acres some drivable by truck but most of my spots are not...so gotta have something

TJay

I'd run it by the Yamaha forum. They have one for the Wolverine Rspec but I've seen questions about the Rhino too. There may be a Rhino forum. Lots of knowledge over there.

Scott Rogers

You sure it isnt just a ignition miss? maybe just a bad coil or ignition module, from the way you told about the initial problem doesnt sound like its mechanical (ie rod knock or valve)

hopefully its not near as bad as you think

dfurdennis

You sure it isnt just a ignition miss? maybe just a bad coil or ignition module, from the way you told about the initial problem doesnt sound like its mechanical (ie rod knock or valve)

hopefully its not near as bad as you think
I went down and started it up out of curiosity...rather loud knock from inside the engine itself....