RIP Bunny

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
Somewhere an owl is having a good supper.

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
I know most Owls are nocturnal,,,,but in all the years up here in the sticks,I have yet to see one,plenty of eagles,osprey,Hawks,but never an owl,,,,think I'm going to build a barn owl box,,,,

Nicodemus

FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
I know most Owls are nocturnal,,,,but in all the years up here in the sticks,I have yet to see one,plenty of eagles,osprey,Hawks,but never an owl,,,,think I'm going to build a barn owl box,,,,

Great horned owls hunt in the daylight too. We have a pair that live around the house, and another pair that stay in the longleaf pine savanna where I do a lot of hunting. I see that pair a lot. They are death on every small critter that ventures out. Got this one from the deer stand. Great horned.jpg

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
Great horned owls hunt in the daylight too. We have a pair that live around the house, and another pair that stay in the longleaf pine savanna where I do a lot of hunting. I see that pair a lot. They are death on every small critter that ventures out. Got this one from the deer stand. View attachment 955290
Nice,I just have never seen one,,,,plenty of prey here,ie,field mice,snakes,rabbits,etc,,,,