Ripping DVD's onto harddrive?

lbzdually

Banned
I am on the road a lot and carrying around a dozen or so DVDs to watch while resting or killing time can be a pain. Not to mention I want a backup of them because my 4 year old has a problem with ruining them by handling them and sctratching them ll up. Has anyone used a DVD ripping program to put DVD's on your harddrive? I have a 2 terrabyte HD and it is the size of a small book and will allow me to store hundreds of DVDs.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I've used this FREE program ImgBurn to dump a few of my hunting DVDs to my computer and never had a problem. Follow these steps on how to do so.

After you have created the ISO file with ImgBurn, you can use this FREE program Virtual CloneDrive to mount it and play it.

Here's a tip: Before you create the ISO give it a name for easily recognizing (The name of movie) and save each ISO to a folder with the name of the DVD.

You can use Windows Media player or VLC to play your movies.

Good luck and let us know how it went.:flag:

lbzdually

Banned
I've used this FREE program ImgBurn to dump a few of my hunting DVDs to my computer and never had a problem. Follow these steps on how to do so.

After you have created the ISO file with ImgBurn, you can use this FREE program Virtual CloneDrive to mount it and play it.

Here's a tip: Before you create the ISO give it a name for easily recognizing (The name of movie) and save each ISO to a folder with the name of the DVD.

You can use Windows Media player or VLC to play your movies.

Good luck and let us know how it went.:flag:

Thanks. :cheers: What format does it save in, or do you have a choice. I want to put a few movies on a SD card to watch while gone. It will be the weekend before I get a chance to try it.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Thanks. :cheers: What format does it save in, or do you have a choice. I want to put a few movies on a SD card to watch while gone. It will be the weekend before I get a chance to try it.

The DVDs will be created in ISO format. Which you will use Virtual CloneDrive to mount them for playing.

That SD card needs to be pretty big as those ISO files will be gigabytes in size.

merc123

I was looking for a specific program that others have used. I Googled it and there was a lot of conflicting reviews for different programs.

That website has ALL of that. Programs you need, how to use some of them and reviews on each.