Riser inserts for quiver, opinions needed

hogdgz

So I will be getting my new widow recurve in the next few days. I can't decide if I want the quiver inserts installed in the riser or not. I usually use EFA or Big Jim strap on quivers but I kinda like the great northern riser mounted quivers. My dilemma is I hate seeing this brass inserted mounted inside a nice bow plus in my mind the thought that is another area moisture could work it's way into the riser. I could always send it back later and have them installed for no charge. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 130

AllAmerican

IMO I'd let Widow mount that quiver, you are paying some $ for a high quality bow, I figure if I was in your shoes, I would go for the full package. Can't go wrong. They been in business for a while...good luck..hope you smoke some animals with it!

hogdgz

IMO I'd let Widow mount that quiver, you are paying some $ for a high quality bow, I figure if I was in your shoes, I would go for the full package. Can't go wrong. They been in business for a while...good luck..hope you smoke some animals with it!

Thanks, that's kind of what I am thinking. Can't wait to get it. I use to have one just like it except no inserts and used a era strap on quiver and sold it like an idiot.

Ben Athens

I shoot and SA II and sent the riser back to have the inserts instlled by BW.It is better to have them an not use them than to need them and not have them. They give you many more options.

jerry russell

Put them in. I use the inserts for my quiver, a camera mount and a gator reel. I wouldn't give moisture a second thought.

markland

Have them installed, moisture is not an issue as they will be sealed in place anyway.

PAPALAPIN

countersink them so that they are flush with the riser. Before you screw the inserts in place, put epoxy in the holes. This will provide a moisture barrier

Barry Duggan

Just do it. Looking at it don't trump function.