River creek

bilgerat

Senior
Live from river creek WMA. JUst had a spike come by at 10 yards, need his grand pappy to do the same

QuackAddict

Good luck! I’m headed south now and will be on private land right across the river from you. My buddy said they were chasing yesterday so hopefully ol big boy comes by you.

bilgerat

Senior
First shot of the afternoon , weren't me unfortunately setting in a chair on a firebreak between short planted pines and the flooded river bottom ,

jimbar

Good luck, I have property 4 miles north of you, just got in from Florida, fixing to camo up and go see how much water is in my creek bottom

bilgerat

Senior
Shiot a good buck around 5 , he dropped and flopped for a min the got up and wobbled off into thick pines and undergrowth , no blood at the spot he dropped so I backed out and will go back in gen morn and look some more

tbrown913

Good luck! With the temps tonight that's the best call. Hopefully you find him dead close by, and no coyote finds it!

Duff

Dang Rat! Good luck brother!!

bilgerat

Senior
Well no luck finding him, no blood and no signs of a hit , followeds his tracks for a short distance then did a grid search for over an hour , . , I'm just sick to my stomach , hate wounding one and not finding it . Maybe the buzzards will find him for me this afternoon

cmcleod

I would recommend Randy as well. He has tracked a couple on River Creek for my son on the youth hunts in the past and lives not to far away.

tbrown913

Hate that for you. I've been there. When the best tracking dog in the area and his handler say that deer ain't gonna be dead anytime soon, it does make me feel a little better.

1982ace

It happens, at least you exhausted every effort to find him and I commend you for that. I have the upmost respect and confidence in Mr Vick and Reba. Good luck with the rest of your hunt.
Your on a fine piece of property.