Riverstreet Savannah restaurant recommendations?

drumbum77

Banned
I'm getting ready to celebrate my 20th anniversary and wanted to see if y'all could recommend a good restaurant on Riverstreet in Savannah. Don't care about price. Most of the reviews I'm seeing online are pretty mixed.

Artfuldodger

I can't recommend a restaurant as I haven't been in a while. Just wanted to maybe add Broughton Street as a place to visit along with River Street. It's within walking distance of River Street and has some interesting shops and restaurants.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Avoid River Street. There are better restaurants in the downtown area. The Grey was voted the top restaurant in the US a few years ago. Mashama Bailey won this year's James Beard award for the SE. Get your reservation early. It's across the street from the County Courthouse. See Netflix "Chef's Table, Season 6, episode 1" for her story and about the restaurant. While Sean Brock founded the Husk in Charleston, he opened one up in Savannah. It's another good restaurant. An old stand-by is Elizabeth's on 37th. I'd go to The Grey. Gil

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations on the anniversary.

I like Pirates House. A short distance off the river. It’s one of the older buildings with a unique history.

https://thepirateshouse.com/

Last edited:

Kwaksmoka

Vic’s on the River is where you want to go, if you will be in river street. Great food for an anniversary dinner. If you’re off river street the pink house is a solid choice already recommended. Husk is good, crystal beer parlor, chive, 1790 also good just to name a few! Congrats on the big day, hope you enjoy your time in Savannah!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If your staying long enough to need lunch try Mrs Wilkes for home cooking.

Stay away from Paula Deans over priced and awful, in-laws just had to go there.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Pirate's house. If you can't work it in for a dinner stop by during the off hours for a dessert. It is right off River St on the East end.