Rolling fish camp to Pensacola!

Thread starter #1

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Just pulled in down here in the western panhandle. I've been set up here before at my wife's cousin's place. I got tired of dragging my fifth wheeler back and forth to hunt camp and then back to fish camp every year so I left it at hunt camp permanently. It took a few years but I was finally able to get my hands on a berr-rand new 26-ft bunkhouse. Trailer tongue makes it 29 ft 3 in. Walked off the line with it for asking price out the door. No taxes, fees or add ons.This is larger than I want to pull around on a regular basis, but I hope I won't have to pull it away from here until the next hurricane comes this way. Then I will take it north and hang out in it a few days, and then come right back to Pensacola with it. IMG_20190313_182859.jpg IMG_20190313_182204.jpg

On-site. Hoping to be able to build a shed over it soon... IMG_20190314_102855.jpg
Time-ta-fish!

Thread starter #5

1eyefishing

Wife's cousin said he might go fishing with me, but here is his real hobby.
He hand built this 496 big block himself. 800 horsepower! 30-in wide rear tires. Did all the paint and body work, but not quite finished. Street legal!

Thread starter #8

1eyefishing

Yes, 69.
By the way, the sound is very important in that video!
Like money, you can't hide $800 horsepower!

Rabun

You're getting set up real nice 1eye! Looks like a perfect home base. I take it you're going to bring your boat down there and leave it through the season?

Thread starter #12

1eyefishing

I will trailer the boat back and forth, so I can fish Lanier etc. If I'm able to build a double bay pole barn to shafe the camper and the boat, I may leave the boat periodically when I know I'll be back real soon...

What year 69?,,,,
It appears to be a '67 or '68.

I can't tell by the video, but if the doors have vent windows it's a '67(or a '68 with '67 doors).

It appears to be a '67 or '68.

I can't tell by the video, but if the doors have vent windows it's a '67(or a '68 with '67 doors).

You are correct, it's a '68 according to those tail lights.

Thread starter #16

1eyefishing

I'll take y'alls word for it!
I was guessing...
They all look like 69's to me!

It is highly modified. Has a role bar inside, no back seat for the huge wheel wells. Fuel cell and two batteries it takes to turn it over in the trunk.
He is an ex-drag stripper...

Ruger#3

Nothin ex about him or that car, thanks for sharing.
Nice looking mobile digs as well.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Being going fishing in Pensacola since I was a kid loved the fishing on the 3 mile bridge, pier in Pensacola, and at Ft Pickens!
Me and my wife are vacationing there this year!

Last edited: