Rough weather ahead Driveler #235

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Keebs is all good, but still no power. Said she is trying to find a Genny for freezers.
:cool:
Hope everyone got through this with minimal damage. It pretty much played out before it reached us.
No power for about 24 hours, but at least I don't have an uprooted tree laying across my house like the lady down the street. :eek:
Howdy everyone. Been helping a friend with a tree at his house. Tree fell away from his shed, but the root ball picked it up about 4 feet. Got hung up in some more trees across his yard. Fun times! Still no power here yet. Going to pick up a generator from a friend whose power never went off. Will be using it for the freezers and fridge in the shop. Y'all stay safe.
You stay safe too! H22 still at work. Imagine that. facepalm:
Still no cable, but I gots POWER and Roku! 3.5 inches of rain that made it in the rain gauge. Blowing sideways most of the time. Pool looks like it has a small tree in the bottom. facepalm:The neighbor finally turned his generator off at 4 this afternoon.:banana: Dang that thing was loud. Glad we got a Honda. :cool:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Afternoon brogrows !!! Power restored here at 5pm, Dawn rode the property and only 2 trees down. Will get them tmrow.

Gonna be another long night at the chalk mine.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Afternoon brogrows !!! Power restored here at 5pm, Dawn rode the property and only 2 trees down. Will get them tmrow.

Gonna be another long night at the chalk mine.

Dang. That's awesome. Trees down everywhere up here.
Long night at the Cafe356 too. H22 still workin and I'm watching Wild Alaska on BBC. Them folks talk funny. :huh::bounce:

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Backed in the yard with the generator on the truck and the lights came on!!! 6:20! Thanks to all the linemen that work their tails off so we can have power!!!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
We got power, but I guess the street above doesn't. Dang his generator is loud. On a lighter note. The South Pacific is much worse than Alaska. Still watching nature. :D

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Ouch!

Had a friend call me yesterday and asked if I could give him a hand. Tree fell over and the root ball lifted his 10 by 20 building about 4 ft off the ground . We got the tree cut and the root ball pulled out. This was fun! Had jacks at both ends to hold building while we cut tree and removed root ball. Wish I had took more pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 38

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Had a friend call me yesterday and asked if I could give him a hand. Tree fell over and the root ball lifted his 10 by 20 building about 4 ft off the ground . We got the tree cut and the root ball pulled out. This was fun! Had jacks at both ends to hold building while we cut tree and removed root ball. Wish I had took more pics.

Dang it man! First time I've seen anything like that.... Roots picking up a building and all.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Good Morning Blood, Moonbro, Quack (still using his flashlight to see at work), and to the rest of the Driveler Nation.

I hope that ya'll didn't have too much damage cause by this crazy storm.

Moon, that is a really odd situation for sure. I'm just curious as to why the building was placed so close to that tree to begin with though. I bet it was a heck of a maneuver to try and get it that tre moved out of the way and try to get this building positioned back in the normal location.

Moon, I think that the solution to your power being out and needing it to come back on sooner is.........just have a big cardboard box and paint "Generator" on the sides of it and put it in the back of your truck and then drive back into the yard with it. PRESTO !!!!! The power automatically comes back on immediately as it doesn't like any competition !!!!!! :D:D:D

I've got to have a Nuclear Stress Test (since I can't perform on the regular treadmill test right now) done this morning so I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 AM. I had one like this several years ago but I didn't remember it lasting for 2-3 hours though. I can't eat or drink anything or have anything with caffiene in it, or take my normal medicines since midnight. I am already starving and my stomach is growling like a hungry Grizzly bear this morning as I didn't eat enough last night for supper. :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Mornin' folks. Glad to see all are as well as can be expected

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Morning DDG. Considering how bad the wind was and the big trees around my house I was very pleased with the outcome! I know some didn't fair as well.

Wycliff

Morning folks, Moon that's a odd way to jack up a building but pretty creative using a tree. EE I hope everything goes well at the doctors for you

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Morning EE and Wy. EE , I hope that the test doesn't doesn't take long and you can get some coffee and breakfast. Yeah Wy that was an odd dilemma. He got the building from his mother after his dad passed away as she didn't need it anymore. The place they put it is really tight on both sides. He wanted to cut a couple of trees before setup, but his wife won that battle. She admitted yesterday it was a bad descision.

Status
Not open for further replies.