Round the country father son road trip recap

JB0704

The Original JB
Thank you for the great read and wonderful pictures. Certainly a trip of a life time and I'm sure Buzz will always remember and be thankful for the time spent...

Thanks! And, Buzz is very thankful, he's a good kid, but I don't think he'll really grasp how cool this was it until he has kids of his own.

Did you keep a record of what the overall expenditure was? Just curious..

Yes, I did. I'll PM it.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Thanks man, and, it's amazing out there. I kept saying it in here, and I really mean this, pictures, no matter how good the camera is, can't do it justice. Everywhere you look it's post card worthy. And, it's hard to explain but it feels different too......feels free. I hope you find a way to visit it one day, you won't regret it.

It may be the altitude. :p I went to Laramie, WY when I was 17. Was under age, but I drank some reebs. They go straight to yo head when your up that high. :rofl::cheers:

JB0704

The Original JB
It may be the altitude. :p I went to Laramie, WY when I was 17. Was under age, but I drank some reebs. They go straight to yo head when your up that high. :rofl::cheers:

Altitude might be it, but either way it's a cool feelin' :)

I didn't drink many reebs on that part of the trip, brother who was with us at that point is a preacher, n he doesn't approve.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Altitude might be it, but either way it's a cool feelin' :)

I didn't drink many reebs on that part of the trip, brother who was with us at that point is a preacher, n he doesn't approve.

Gotcha. Aint nothing wrong with showing a little respect! :clap: H22 went to Missouri with his dad who is a VERY religious man and they were goose hunting with a bunch of northern folks that used very, very bad language. H22's dad was not happy. H22 said, Dad, they sound just like the folks I work with. They just got a different accent. His dad didn't complain anymore.:rofl::rofl:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Gotcha. Aint nothing wrong with showing a little respect! :clap: H22 went to Missouri with his dad who is a VERY religious man and they were goose hunting with a bunch of northern folks that used very, very bad language. H22's dad was not happy. H22 said, Dad, they sound just like the folks I work with. They just got a different accent. His dad didn't complain anymore.:rofl::rofl:

This. It aint two-face to be discrete and respect the preacher. No different than watching the language around women, or taming the tv around the kids.

When my oldest graduates, we're gonna open this thread for our imaginary American tour. Great job JB.

Last edited:

JB0704

The Original JB
mrs. hornet22 said:
Gotcha. Aint nothing wrong with showing a little respect! :clap:

This. It aint two-face to be discrete and respect the preacher. No different than watching the language around women, or taming the tv around the kids.

Thanks y'all, It's funny how some folks don't get that. I just prefer being decent to folks, makes life a lot more enjoyable.

When my oldest graduates, we're gonna open this thread for out imaginary American tour. Great job JB.

You got plenty of time, start plannin' now n do something epic when the time comes. You won't regret it.

JB0704

The Original JB
Me too...an enjoyable read. Thanks for taking the time to document it for our pleasure.

I'm very glad y'all enjoyed it :cheers:

DannyW said:
I'm guessing it was about $1 per mile...and worth every penny of it.

That's a very good estimate, and It could have been, but I went "all in" on a few items which pushed the number up a little. But still, absolutely worth every penny. I prolly set my retirement back a year or two, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

95g atl

Awesome story and pics. Thanks for sharing. Did something similar with my dad, but it was just to Colorado and back. Great memories!!!

I often wonder why my 7 year old boy grows up and leaves for college -- what the heck am I gonna do. Will definitely hit me hard.

Great boy you have!!

JB0704

The Original JB
Awesome story and pics. Thanks for sharing. Did something similar with my dad, but it was just to Colorado and back. Great memories!!!

Thanks! I was surprised by Colorado, particularly west of Denver. IT is amazing out there, and it seems like they got more elk than deer, just everywhere. Very cool you had a road trip with your Dad, Colorado and back is a cool ride!

I often wonder why my 7 year old boy grows up and leaves for college -- what the heck am I gonna do. Will definitely hit me hard.

Great boy you have!!

Yes, this has hit me very hard. Going through this last year was very difficult, last football game ever, last baseball game ever, HS graduation (hopefully he has a few more graduations ahead of him).........but, having this road trip planned gave me something to look forward to, like a "grand finally" which made it a bit easier. HE is moving out two weeks from Saturday, and I'm happy for him and so proud of all he has accomplished and look forward to seeing what he can do out there in the real world, but it still hurts knowing he's not a kid anymore and those days are over for good.