Rude Kayakers at Boat Ramp - Any Advice?

LTZ25

I was in Cedar Key over the weekend. The ramp has a sign that reads "No Kayaks on the boat ramp" I'm sure there is a reason this was posted.

X2 on turn off your headlights on the ramp!
The reason is because the locals don't make much money from kayaks .

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There are all kinds of folks who have no consideration at a boat ramp. We were launching about daylight one morning a couple weeks ago at a little gravel-lot backwoods ramp on the SC side of Clark's Hill. There Was a tent set up in half the trailer parking spots with folks asleep in it. Their Suburban with out-of-state tags was parked crosswise across the other trailer parking spots. We sent a pic to the warden, and they were gone when we got back from fishing.

The other ones I love are the folks who fish off of boat ramps and won't move or reel their lines in when you pull up. And hang up on the rocks out in the lake and break off 200 feet of mono line in the water in front of the ramp.

pbradley

There are all kinds of folks who have no consideration at a boat ramp. We were launching about daylight one morning a couple weeks ago at a little gravel-lot backwoods ramp on the SC side of Clark's Hill. There Was a tent set up in half the trailer parking spots with folks asleep in it. Their Suburban with out-of-state tags was parked crosswise across the other trailer parking spots. We sent a pic to the warden, and they were gone when we got back from fishing.

The other ones I love are the folks who fish off of boat ramps and won't move or reel their lines in when you pull up. And hang up on the rocks out in the lake and break off 200 feet of mono line in the water in front of the ramp.

One of the ramps I use at West Point, we pulled up one morning to find a couple of young idiots had built themselves a roaring fire right there on the ramp.

j_seph

Would you prefer that they wade out 200 ft and get their line un-hooked? LoL

j_seph

All you ignorant rednecks need to stop badmouthing the kayakers.

Kayakers are superior to people who use gas outboards because they aren’t killing Mother Earth.

They went to REI and paid good money for their kayaks.

So what if you only have 4 hours to fish one day a week and they block the ramp for an hour.

They are really saving Mother Earth and helping prevent you from wasting gas by blocking the ramp.

Y’all should be more respectful.
It takes a a normal person less than 5 minutes on the ramp to launch a boat or a kayak. I fish from both.

A working man only gets a precious few hours to fish in a week.

It is not cool to block a ramp for an hour.
Are you Bipolar?

greg_n_clayton

Truth...from now until at least September
I have been setting in my boat under some bushes (shade) bottom fishing up the river when they come by. When they see me, they would start slapping the water with their paddles !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Would you prefer that they wade out 200 ft and get their line un-hooked? LoL
I would prefer that to me having to jump in the water in the middle of the lake and unwind half a mile of fishing line from around my prop while treading water or hanging onto the boat. And then probably pay a bunch of money to fix the seal on the motor.
What I would prefer is that they not fish from the boat ramp. I don't know about GA, but it's illegal to fish from a boat ramp in NC.

Ghriz

Tie on a plug with 4 or 5 treble hooks and start casting that thing around um ..they'll move

LTZ25

Its against the law in Ga. also , I always respect bank fishermen and of course go way around them when we find ourselves fishing same water , but they also should stay off the ramps . Also agree I would rather launch behind 20 bass guys than 2 bow riders .

PappyHoel

Boats and Kayaks and things around crowded bodies of water don’t sound like any fun at all to me. Just my .2 cents that no one asked for :). Hope this helps

fish hawk

Bass Master
People are stupid ain't nothing you can really do about that,just tell them your backing your trailer down and loading your boat. When they see the trailer coming down they'll move

ryork

One of the ramps I use at West Point, we pulled up one morning to find a couple of young idiots had built themselves a roaring fire right there on the ramp.

At Snake Creek ramp about a month or so ago we had to put a fire out on the ramp before we could launch. Nobody was there, but they left it with some flame.......

Wood999

Must be a special kind of stupid at Snake Creek. Couple of years ago somebody cut about a square foot out of the middle of the dock.

ryork

Must be a special kind of stupid at Snake Creek. Couple of years ago somebody cut about a square foot out of the middle of the dock.

Yes! That started with a fire too, somebody actually built a fire on the wooden dock. Then a nice square hole was cut where the boards were weakened by the fire. Heard County ice fishing I guess... good way to break a leg in low light and not paying attention. Some interesting folks there from time to time, but I have never had my truck or anything messed with in all the times I've been there.

ryork

4-10 (4).jpg

Found that hanging off the dock at Snake Creek a couple years ago, if you look close you can still see the line attached to it. Getting off topic here I guess....

Pop1414

All you ignorant rednecks need to stop badmouthing the kayakers.

Kayakers are superior to people who use gas outboards because they aren’t killing Mother Earth.

They went to REI and paid good money for their kayaks.

So what if you only have 4 hours to fish one day a week and they block the ramp for an hour.

They are really saving Mother Earth and helping prevent you from wasting gas by blocking the ramp.

Y’all should be more respectful.
That’s the attitude
idiots