Ruger 10/22 opinions?

confederate

Do any of you guys have a 10/22? What do yall think about them. I want to get a 22 to do a little Squirrel hunting after Deer season. I have a Marlin Model 60 but it Jams a lot. Last year I bought a new Rem 597. That was a big mistake too! The 597 is almost impossible to sight in. It move left and right as fast as you get it sighted in. I found out that others have had the same problem. What about the 10/22?

sniper13

I've had mine for a good while now. After a few years I bought a Chaote folding stock for it. It's light to carry, shoots good and I would'nt part with it for the world.
try one, I think you'll like it.

stumpman

Banned
I love mine i put a green mtn bull barrel and a hogue molded stock on it there great guns specially for the money.

georgiaboy

I have a target model with a tuned trigger and it shoots great. Went hunting with some buddies the other day for tree rats and the .17 HMR seemed to outperform the .22lr 6 out of 6 times. I think the .17 or .22 WMR is better for hunting but I haven't lost any with my .22 lr either.

S.Dailey

Confederate,

You can't go wrong with a 10/22. They have a ton of aftermarket accessories. You can customize it however you want.

Randy

I don't even like Ruger Rifles but the 10/22 is one of the best guns I own. I have the heavy Barrel 10/22 with the laminated stock and it is very accurate. Like any automatic it must be kept clean.

Larry Rooks

The Ruger 10-22 is probably the most popular 22 rifle out there today, even in high dollar competition. I have one with a bull barrela nd Hogue stock that is as accurate as anything I have ever shot, itty bitty 10 shot groups. Buy one

Handgunner

This is one I had but swapped it to Hpurvis for a shotgun.

I love the shotgun, but miss the 10-22... I had the Butler Creek bull barrell and target stock on it, with an trigger job and other tweaks to the action.

Sweet shooting guns and mine was a tack driver! You won't go wrong with a 10-22, but like Randy said, with all auto's, you must keep them clean for them to function properly.

ruger.jpg