Ruger EC9

JohnK

I see the add. I've never heard of an EC9s but I have an LC9s that looks just like that. It's very small and light with a good trigger and sights. They have 2 models, one has a manual safety with magazine disconnect and the other they called Professional model and didn't have either.
I bought mine last year so something may have changed but that is a killer price if it's just a misprint. Videos on utube are available. Whatever, you want one with the s because that's the good trigger.

frankwright

Ruger EC9S should be a decent little gun. I had a LC9S Pro which was striker fired like the EC9 and the trigger was way better than the standard LC9.
It comes with one magazine which will cost you $20-30 bucks if you want an extra unless you find a good sale. The sights are integral to the frame so no changing sights.
But if you needed a small gun the price is sure good.

abrannon

I may be wrong but as I understand it, the LC9 is a bigger version of the LCP and this EC9 is a bigger version of the LCP II with a Manual Safety.

Looks like a descent gun for the price.

sbroadwell

It should be pretty good. I've had a standard LC9 for years now, have put over 1000 rounds through it, without any issues whatsoever. It fit's nicely in my pocket in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.
It does have a pretty bad trigger, long double action, but good enough for what I need it for. I did dry fire one of the LC9S striker fired models, and it was MUCH better. I don't know what kind of ignition system the EC9 has.

sbroadwell

Went back and looked at the ad - it is striker fired. That might be something I need to pick up.

JohnK

I may be wrong but as I understand it, the LC9 is a bigger version of the LCP and this EC9 is a bigger version of the LCP II with a Manual Safety.

Looks like a descent gun for the price.

LCP2 is a 380. I have both and they aren't much alike in appearance other than both are black.

chainshaw

The EC9s is the same as the LC9s, but has milled non-replaceable sights and fewer machined serrations on the slide. Kahr did something similar with their small guns, to give a less expensive option.