Ruger MK IV vs Browning Buckmark

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Of course I found a Supermatic Citation right after I got this one and the High Standard is my favorite so I will be getting rid of the Browning before I even fire it. It will not get any use with the HS around
Now that's what I am talking about!!!!!

Waddams

Not that this input matters for the OP now, but I have Buckmark Camper that is rather accurate. Takedown is a bit onerous, though. Also, over time, wracking the slide has gotten harder and harder. I've not found anything I could take apart or squirt lubricant into that has helped. Seen others on various forums have had the same problem, with no real solution that I've noticed. I've considered selling it and getting a Ruger instead because of the issue.

greg_n_clayton

Both are great accurate pistols. I chose Ruger simply because the Browning's plastic buffer.
Why would ya not like plastic or runber ? What is the purpose of a buffer ? My thoughts of them may be off base !

GreenPig

Why would ya not like plastic or runber ? What is the purpose of a buffer ? My thoughts of them may be off base !
The plastic in time is going to crack/break. I've replaced two recoil buffers on Buckmarks for friends and it's simple to change if you have one in your pocket at that moment. The recoil buffer aids in preventing the metal from battering each other and absorbs shock and vibration. It's just an unnecessary wink link in my view on a 22lr. My Ruger has somewhere between 25 and 40 bricks through it and the slide shows no damage. Buffers make perfect sense on a centerfire pistol shooting hot handloads if you're not willing to take the time to spring it correctly.

greg_n_clayton

The plastic in time is going to crack/break. I've replaced two recoil buffers on Buckmarks for friends and it's simple to change if you have one in your pocket at that moment. The recoil buffer aids in preventing the metal from battering each other and absorbs shock and vibration. It's just an unnecessary wink link in my view on a 22lr. My Ruger has somewhere between 25 and 40 bricks through it and the slide shows no damage. Buffers make perfect sense on a centerfire pistol shooting hot handloads if you're not willing to take the time to spring it correctly.
Ok. What I thought. I got a Marlin model 7000 with low round count that I believe the buffer is bad in. I am seeing marking where the chargeing handle/bolt are traveling too far back. I got 2, 1 for a spare, ordered. Getting into where it is will be uncharted ground for this particular rifle. I order a $1.50 schematic with em. Don't know what help it will be, other than what parts are what ! I may look around on you tube while I wait on delivery.