Rules for flagging?

7Mag Hunter

Got me a free Kroger sac full of flagging tape of all different colors last week and two pocket fulls of pink and blue today. Found a bottle on a branch that had killed the branch. That’s where my stand was put. It’s not my place nor yours.
Keep placing it and I’ll keep pulling your flagging tape and bottles. I enjoy it actually.

Man you boys really pick some great spots,
Just follow the tape and water bottles to the acorns and deer sign. Ya’ll put me on the deer in a couple hours of hunting.
I really appreciate you removing your tape or not. I’ll get it.

Same here--'cept mine is a Wally World bag....Pull it down and stuff in my pocket till i get back to camp, then in WW bag....even found some
red duct tape stuck to trees !!!!

Blackston

Well my first Wma experience.... got here last night first hunt this morning most every road blocked with tape and notes ? about how many hunters n stands are there ..... isn't this illegal?

35 Whelen

Well my first Wma experience.... got here last night first hunt this morning most every road blocked with tape and notes ? about how many hunters n stands are there ..... isn't this illegal?

UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES on WMAs

• Using motor vehicles, signage, flagging tape, or any other method(s) to close or restrict access to roads, trails or any other access features.

Jeff Raines

Blocked????Just what kind of material were these notes written on?Was the tape radioactive and strung up in such a way that you could not get around it?

j_seph

Rule #3
Always have a backdoor to come in. Had a fella pull up couple years ago at 5:30 a.m. as I was putting my climber on my back. He had to inform me that he already had his stand hung the day before. I asked where and all he could say was yonder, I said yonder is a big area I will just come in from the other way. Using my GPS I had a shorter walk, 8 a.m. 1st buck down by 8:30 a.m. 2nd buck down. Imagine he probably wet himself when I shot. Layed em both on the tailgate and blew the horn and waved at him as I headed to check station as he stood wide eyed by his truck over yonder.

Hornbill

Were you at Chickasawatchee? That stuff was everywhere! I saw 3-4 parking spots in the same area with flagging with the same handwriting. Those 2 guys must have huge cajones to think some strips of flagging tape are going to keep everyone out for the whole 3-day quota hunt.

Blackston

yes I am still here the weather has thinned em out. Able to get my first wma kill this morning. I'm just trying to learn how this goes ..... tape n notes =fake news

Hornbill

yes I am still here the weather has thinned em out. Able to get my first wma kill this morning. I'm just trying to learn how this goes ..... tape n notes =fake news
Congratulations! That’s awesome! I cleared out last night, I had stuff going on at home today. I walked in on 2 different guys (honest mistakes, never saw their trucks) and figured I’ve ruined enough hunts for one weekend.

Hammockben1

I look at it like this everyone goes and find flagging tape everyone sees it now that means a lot of ppl do but it's not going to change at all no matter what ppl are still going to leave it up now as far as me putting it up I use the trees or other land Mark's that help me out and if I put any flagging up maybe one or two of them and I put them at my stand with my name and dates I am hunting not to "claim" it it's to let others know hey my stand is here just be considerate while your hunting but that's my thought on it

tree cutter 08

In 40 years of hunting public land, I have never hung a piece of flagging tape, nor have I ever felt the need to?
Me neither. I bought a box of bright eyes several years ago thinking I might need them getting into a certain spot. Box is still sitting in the basemnt. I collect bright eyes left by other hunters and make smiley faces along whatever path they are using.

Wayne D Davis

I normally get far enough back it cuts out 80% of the crowd. I use clip on clip off tags the last 100 yards if its very thick. Then hang a ribbon on the tree i plan to climb. If someone beats me into the area, of which rarely happens, once known I just relocate. I always have a plan B, C , ex. I simply clip the tags to my vest on the way out

Wayne D Davis

I normally get far enough back it cuts out 80% of the crowd. I use clip on clip off tags the last 100 yards if its very thick. Then hang a ribbon on the tree i plan to climb. If someone beats me into the area, of which rarely happens, once known I just relocate. I always have a plan B, C , ex. I simply clip the tags to my vest on the way out
On a quota hunt (Piedmont Ref)with a scout day ahead of the hunt I always make a 4 or 5 foot teepee on start of my tail to make others aware it has been scouted prior to the hunt. If they come in then they will be hunting with me

Wayne D Davis

On a quota hunt (Piedmont Ref)with a scout day ahead of the hunt I always make a 4 or 5 foot teepee on start of my tail to make others aware it has been scouted prior to the hunt. If they come in then they will be hunting with me
It only takes 3 limbs balanced together..... it's the entire reason for a scout day