Running back U

Youre right theres enough talent for a few years. What I'm saying is, if they cant oust Bama this season, how long before the mindset of "Its Bama they beat us every year" kicks in?
Already has. Dawgs have run rings around Bama only to loose in the final minutes of the game. Bama is living rent free in the Dawgs heads as we speak.

lbzdually

Banned
This is year #4 of the "Smart Dynasty". No more talk. It's time to produce. :wink:

I watched a few highlights of UGA games before 2017, and the talent level at OL is so far up and beyond what UGA had then. Isaiah Wynn was a very good LT, but he is not 6'5 320 and able to move men like Thomas is. I'm not the only one who is saying this. Just about national football expert who has no stock in UGA as a homer like me, agree that UGA is a top 4 OL with Oklahome, Bama, and Clemson. As far as Swift goes, he was 3rd in the SEC as far as returning starters go and this is the first season he is healthy to start the year. I think he will go for 1400 yards and UGA will be in the final 4. I believe that Coley is a better OC than Chaney. If he uses TE's like he has in the past at Miami and throws on 1st down like Chaney refused to do when he got up on Bama last year in the SECCG, UGA at least gets to the National Championship Game.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Best runner at GA....Mark Richt, that man could blaze to the locker room after a loss:D

DannyW

IMO the Georgia staff has proven themselves as recruiters. If they don't start playing in the title game on a regular basis it will be a reflection on their ability to coach, not their ability to sign talent.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
IMO the Georgia staff has proven themselves as recruiters. If they don't start playing in the title game on a regular basis it will be a reflection on their ability to coach, not their ability to sign talent.

I would think one appearance in his first three years and being in the SEC championship game for the last two year is a good start. Other than about 3 teams in the country, most would sale their soul, to be playing at the level UGA is. If we had graded Saban by these standards, he would have never made it to Alabama. We are just enjoying the year to year improvement by a 1st time head coach.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

This. ^ I was hugely underwhelmed with the Sugar Bowl performance. It was a bad way to end the season. The kids quit. That's a coaching issue.

lbzdually

Banned
People in the know say Swift has put on 15 lbs of muscle this off-season with no loss of cutting ability or speed, if nothing he is faster. He is now 5'9" 225-230 and very hard to tackle one on one power-wise, not just movement-wise. This is the guy that drug UT defenders for about 7 yards during his freshman season. His last 5 games against power 5 foes, he ran for something like 120 yards a game. He is listed as first team All-SEC for the preseason.

SpotandStalk

Swift will score everytime he touches the ball. Nothing will stop the dog offense this year. Look for scoring records to be broken. They may put up 100 points against in multiple games