Rut is firing up in Lee County.

DSGB

Excellent pics, Nic! Especially love the flehmen response shot.

Y'all have some bruisers down that way.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Nic, thanks for sharing your photos of such awesome deer as we don't have them growing that big up my way because we don't have ANY CROPS for a good food source.

I have to admit that you probably have the best "trigger control" of anybody that I know.

I actually went hunting for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon around 2-4 pm while I was up in the country. I thought that I might see one during the middle of the afternoon because the moon was shining so bright all night long before. I ended up pulling the cards on my cameras and I'm sitting right here now uploading all of them.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I would also like to wish all of you a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING .

Later this afternoon, I will be visiting with my really close friends up in the country for a true feast for all of us.

Thankfully, they continue to invite me to join them every year and I really enjoy such wonderful company. All of their kids and grandkids really love me and I have enjoyed watching all of them grow from babies on up to becoming adults and even having their own kids. It is really funny BUT everyone of them for the past 40 years have called me by my last name ONLY. :lovey:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic, thanks for sharing your photos of such awesome deer as we don't have them growing that big up my way because we don't have ANY CROPS for a good food source.

I have to admit that you probably have the best "trigger control" of anybody that I know.

I actually went hunting for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon around 2-4 pm while I was up in the country. I thought that I might see one during the middle of the afternoon because the moon was shining so bright all night long before. I ended up pulling the cards on my cameras and I'm sitting right here now uploading all of them.

Thanks, Mike. I just have a good idea of what I want, I know there`s several out there that meet the criteria, and I have the time and patience to wait one out. :)

Duff

Those are some great pics of some fine deer. That doe looks huge!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Hope your patience brings you success, Nic. Fine lookin deer you got there.

godogs57

Pretty bucks Nick! Looks like the south side of the property was flattened from what I can see from the road. That part looks just like my property next to my house.....demolished. Tough hunting this year.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Pretty bucks Nick! Looks like the south side of the property was flattened from what I can see from the road. That part looks just like my property next to my house.....demolished. Tough hunting this year.

It was, Hank, as was sections in the swamp along the creek. All those big woods down like that will about make you sick.

godogs57

It was, Hank, as was sections in the swamp along the creek. All those big woods down like that will about make you sick.

My deer are still wandering around shell shocked. It’s a miracle they can still navigate through my woods. It took me two solid days of chainsaw work just to cut my way in....to assess the damage. I’m able to hunt less than half my property right now. Don’t need any more hurricanes please.

sleepr71

That’s more decent bucks than I see in 5 years! I’d have to give one of those grown ones a ride in the truck..unless they are on a BIG tract of land,and I was the ONLY hunter. Hard to pass up deer like that :cheers:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That’s more decent bucks than I see in 5 years! I’d have to give one of those grown ones a ride in the truck..unless they are on a BIG tract of land,and I was the ONLY hunter. Hard to pass up deer like that :cheers:

It`s been a nice day. :)