Ryobi 18 volt pole saw

Lilly001

I just purchased one to do maintenance pruning around the house and tree stands.
It doesn't appear to be heavy duty so I figured it would have limited use.
So... my son got ahold of it and decided to prune the 5 oaks around the house. He cut about 20-30 limbs from each tree. Some over the rated 8" stated limit.
He did use several batteries. Which is ok as we have the 6 bank charger.
I must say I thought he would destroy the saw. But it's running as well now as when he started.
It's not often that a new tool impresses me. But this one has.

Cmp1

BANNED
Ryobi is more or less the inexpensive brand of Home Depot,,,,the good stuff is Rigid tools,,,,lifetime warranty,,,,including the vacuums,,,,

Lilly001

Ryobi is more or less the inexpensive brand of Home Depot,,,,the good stuff is Rigid tools,,,,lifetime warranty,,,,including the vacuums,,,,
That is why I was so impressed.
I did not expect the performance I got. I expected some light trimming use and such.
The saw performed beyond my expectations and that is rare these days.

ryanh487

Get a few of the high capacity batteries. I believe they're the 4 aH ones. Makes all the difference in the world when using more demanding tools like their impact drivers and 18v lawn tools.

transfixer

I bought one last year as well, I'm not easy on tools, I put them through their paces, so far its held up just fine , it probably wouldn't hold up to someone with a tree service, but for the average homeowner I see no problems with it.