S&W "Sigma" series

Trizey

A buddy of mine bought a new S&W40VE, which appears to be a great gun.

Christmas eve he brings his new pistol and I take my Glock and we went and did some shooting.

Within the first two clips, he has TWO misfires.... I say misfires, but they actually didn't fire at all. The firing pin struck the primer on the casing (leaving a center punch mark) and didn't fire.

I first thought he might have got a hold of some old ammo, but he said he just bought it with the gun. My Glock is also a .40 so I tried the two rounds in my gun. The rounds went off like normal.

Does anyone know what might be the problem or the cause? I'm not sure if this gun is an "entry" level S&W and just isn't the performer I would expect or is this gun faulty? ::huh:

Randy

It is just a Smith! ::ke: Why would anybody want to buy a copy of a Glock when they can have the real thing is confusing to me!

Trizey

The price was really tempting... He paid $289 and for that price I was about to be myself one in another caliber just to have.

I thought I might have made a mistake buying the Glock for nearly double the price. :confused:

But for double the money, I rather know that when I pull the trigger it's going to go boom! :shoot:

Schulze

may be a weak striker spring. What brand of ammo was it?

Trizey

Shulze said:
What brand of ammo was it?

This was "WinClean" target ammo, FMJ.

Should this gun be sent back for repairs or service? ::huh: