SAD NEWS TO REPORT....AUGUSTA MOTHER AND DAUGHTER KILLED IN BOATING ACCIDENT IN ALABAMA

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Boats don’t have brakes.
Wish all people would realize any and all speed after 55 on the water is in the death zone. Prayers for those who lost their life and those that knew them.
Oh and slow down to be safe.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
10:40 at night. Bet alcohol was involved.

The latest news reports here in Augusta have reported that this woman and her daughter were riding in a bass boat along with her close friend (who she was apparently dating) and his son who was also badly injured.

Unfortunately they were apparently "ran over" by a much larger "cabin cruiser" type boat according to news reports here. This lady involved was a well respected person here in her professional life and she also worked at a large church daycare facility as well. Augusta has suffered a huge loss in the death of this lady and her precious daughter for sure.

If any alcohol was used, it would have been used by the personnel of the larger "cabin cruiser" boat.

NOYDB

BANNED
How inhibited do you have to be to not detect an approaching cabin cruiser? Alcohol on both parts I suspect.

They were just sitting there when the cabin cruiser snuck up on them and ran them over.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
How inhibited do you have to be to not detect an approaching cabin cruiser? Alcohol on both parts I suspect.

They were just sitting there when the cabin cruiser snuck up on them and ran them over.

Why don`t you wait until all the facts are known, rather than throw out wild guesses and sarcasm you are so noted for?

And remember.....

NOYDB

BANNED
Why don`t you wait until all the facts are known, rather than throw out wild guesses and sarcasm you are so noted for?

And remember.....

What's the largest boat you were pilot of?

Powered.

I piloted a 66ft twin screw cruiser 8 hours a day 5 days a week for one summer. Other was a 33ft single screw ketch. 150 to 40 hp outboards on small 16 to 20 foot fishing boats. None of which could sneak up on me as I never imbibed while on the water. My boat or friends bass boats could not be run down by cabin cruisers of any type. We were always sober. Have you given any thought how hard it would be to hit your boat by accident while you were piloting it sober?

Sail.

Largest was 48ft Morgan single masted yacht that I crewed for a friends father. On my own I taught myself to sail in a two person Sunfish. Then graduated to a two person Hobbie cat twin hulled catamaran.

Have experience to express a knowledgeable opinion.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What's the largest boat you were pilot of?

Powered.

I piloted a 66ft twin screw cruiser 8 hours a day 5 days a week for one summer. Other was a 33ft single screw ketch. 150 to 40 hp outboards on small 16 to 20 foot fishing boats. None of which could sneak up on me as I never imbibed while on the water. My boat or friends bass boats could not be run down by cabin cruisers of any type. We were always sober. Have you given any thought how hard it would be to hit your boat by accident while you were piloting it sober?

Sail.

Largest was 48ft Morgan single masted yacht that I crewed for a friends father. On my own I taught myself to sail in a two person Sunfish. Then graduated to a two person Hobbie cat twin hulled catamaran.

Have experience to express a knowledgeable opinion.

Yea, you`ve done it all. This is not about me, this about showing respect for the dead. Which you obviously know nothing about.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB

Lowest class on this whole board.

LTZ25

I guess you didn't see the video of the people in the 25 ft fishing boat that got ran over by bigger cruiser , they were not drinking and barley escaped by jumping at the last second .

NOYDB

BANNED
If you leave your boat in the way of another craft under way. And are not paying attention to what's going on. I suppose it could happen. But then you go from inebriated to just negligent