Safety Harnesses.......

Do you wear a Safety Harness while hunting??????

• YES.......I wear one everytime I'm up a tree......

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • SOMETIMES.......I wear one most of the time, but not always.....

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • NEVER........I can count on one hand how many times I've ever wore one......

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters

duke13

This is a timely post. I went to my club yesterday to move a couple stands. I took down one of my stick ladders and moved it to another location. i put up 2 sections and while standing about 10 feet off the ground putting up the third section the foot peg i was standing on snapped off! :speechles

I had a safety harness with a linemans' type rope around the tree and connected to "D" rings on each side of my waist so i could work hands free. That kept me from falling. I did fall about 2 feet and raked my face off the steel ladder. :mad: OUCH!!!!!

I now have a nice red swoooosh on my cheek that hurts like elmo and will probably turn black and blue in another day. Think what would have happened if i hadn't had that harness on! :speechles

TJay

Hey Duke, what brand of stick ladders was that? I always wear my seat o the pants when I'm climbing.

duke13

TJay said:
Hey Duke, what brand of stick ladders was that? I always wear my seat o the pants when I'm climbing.

It was an old set of forrester stick ladders. I inspected them after my incident and where the foot peg broke it was rusted on the inside. No way of telling without it being broken off though! I took them down and left them in the woods cause i had too much stuff to tote out. I'll be getting a new set of summit swift steps and putting them up soon! :D