Salt (and fish oil?) in my wounds!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Home again, home again.
I'll finish this off with another great meal of redfish and trout. Back on the keto diet after busting it for a few days. So just a big pile of fish and green beans...IMG_20190219_183738.jpgIMG_20190219_184442.jpg

Looking forward to the next trip!

killswitch

Home again, home again.
I'll finish this off with another great meal of redfish and trout. Back on the keto diet after busting it for a few days. So just a big pile of fish and green beans...View attachment 959657View attachment 959658

Looking forward to the next trip!

Ya'll find any fish on the flats, or just river and creeks? Just curious with these temps if they moved back towards the flats. Oh, and by the way, you killin' me with that plate. :)

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
We were in a bass boat so we stayed inside. Word has it that it never got cold enough this winter to have a giant push of fish into the rivers. Most success has been around the river and creek mouths and oyster bars.
The saline water from hurricane Michael completely devastated all the grass up the wakula and St Marks Rivers. It is gone. So that may be a reason why the fish went packed in as usual. The grass will probably grow back in time.
The water was dirty or browner than normal also. Missing grass may have had some effect on the lack of filtering it.
We found the fish scattered, but I don't think it would take much warm weather to put them right back out on the flats!

killswitch

Although it's been a couple years since we have been down that way, usually fish Ecofina area, I have basically heard the same about the fish not in the rivers like usual. Never really stacked up because of the temps this year. Glad ya'll found some! Nothing like running those black water rivers at daybreak heading to the flats.