Saltwater December.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
It ought to be a good one. I'm fishing out of Islamorada for wahoo on December 12th and 13th. Staying 3 nights at the Cheeca Lodge (first class). So I am going to get an early start (about a week early!) and take my bay boat down to Sebastian/Indian River and fish there for a while and then leave my boat at my buddy's house and head down to the Keys on the 11th. Then I'll come back from the keys to Sebastian and fish a few more days. The schedule is loose, so I don't know the exact driving dates back and forth. This trip will probably be longer than 2 weeks. Temps in the upper 70's to mid 80's the whole way…
I have to be back for christmas, but not New Year's. So I'm thinking of another trip the day after Christmas until shortly after new years. This is the week I was down there last year and had a blast!

My calendar look something like this…

20191129_223037.jpg

This month, I'll be spending more time away from home than at home.
Hopefully this thread will last more than a month! I'll keep it updated as anything worthy happens.
Prepping now. Ready, set, go!

Last edited:

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Let me know when all the prep work is complete and I’ll roll out with you. I’m green with envy...hope you wear em out.

1eyefishing

Here's how I recuperated last New Year's Day on the spoil islands in the Indian River...
IMG_20181230_131716.jpg

zedex

Gator Bait
Danggit. I wanna go fishing. Too cold up here. We're alternating between snow and rain .... temps in 30s.. too wet and cold to hunt or fish....

Yall gotta post up some good fishing pictures

1eyefishing

Danggit. I wanna go fishing. Too cold up here. We're alternating between snow and rain .... temps in 30s.. too wet and cold to hunt or fish....

Yall gotta post up some good fishing pictures

Absolutely!
The very 1st goal will be to make a better 1st week than my week last December; shouldn't be to hard. I want one of those big snook! Season still open through the 15th. Big flounder hopefully hanging around still also. Hopefully, I can get on the trout, pompano,and a few reds.
3 days in Islamorada will definitely be picture worthy...
Then another swing at it in Sebastian.

Here's the thread from last December…
http://forum.gon.com/threads/home-again-home-again-new-years-week-at-sebastian-florida.934175/

1eyefishing

Looks like I'm on schedule to leave before dawn in the morning.
Got everything loaded except the kitchen sink. And the wife.
:yeah:

This gonna be muh theme song fer the mornin...

1eyefishing

And...(once again)
My road trip prayer-

Lord, please let my actions serve as an example for those before me.
Please limit the number of individuals to whom I must show the error of their ways by passing them on the right (towing a boat), while they remain in the left lane.
Please watch over my family, home, and friends while I am gone.
Please return me home safe, sunburned, and exhausted.
Amen
P. S.- Please let there be fish!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
You are so blessed,28 degrees here,,,,7 inches on the ground,,,,
It's all about to much of one thang! Lots of us GA folk would love to have a winter like you! Just like you would like to have swimming weather in December!

1eyefishing

It's all about to much of one thang! Lots of us GA folk would love to have a winter like you! Just like you would like to have swimming weather in December!
I could ALMOST do a winter like that (but only one), just not a fall and a spring to go with it…

1eyefishing

The 4 seasons in Canada:
Almost Winter
Winter
Still Winter
Construction!

1eyefishing

Day one...
Just a short shakedown cruise to get all systems lined out. I haven't fished or even cranked the boat in over 2 months ( Deer season).
I picked up some live shrimp and hit some docks and the inlet.
Caught a bunch of small snappers but kept 3 legal ones. And a flounder. And a Jack my buddy wants to smoke. Also turned loose a few short seatrout...

ezgif.com-resize (6).jpg

I would have considered the trip a success if I had just gotten my feet sunburned. But that turned out to be only a bonus...80° while fishing.

Cleaning fish, fixin a witski, and makin ready for full day tomorrow ...

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Day one...
Just a short shakedown cruise to get all systems lined out. I haven't fished or even cranked the boat in over 2 months ( Deer season).
I picked up some live shrimp and hit some docks and the inlet.
Caught a bunch of small snappers but kept 3 legal ones. And a flounder. And a Jack my buddy wants to smoke. Also turned loose a few short seatrout...

View attachment 994181

I would have considered the trip a success if I had just gotten my feet sunburned. But that turned out to be only a bonus...80° while fishing.

Cleaning fish, fixin a witski, and makin ready for full day tomorrow ...

Feed that jack to the cats and catch some more of those mangroves.

Sweet meat!!

1eyefishing

Yeah, no.
Iain't messin wid no jack. He want to make smoked fish dip.:sick:

We know now where the shnappa sammiches are hiding.

Limitless

Nice looking fishing spots and fish. I'm looking forward to your reports on the trip.
You're in Sebastian now? I have a sister and brother in law that live there on the water; looks like I need to pay them a visit!

Latest posts