Salvation or Probation

Spineyman

What are some examples of people doing the will of the Father? Better yet what are some examples of people not doing the will of the Father that would prevent them from entering the Kingdom?

I can see that these fake Christians were doing works thinking they could buy their way in. I know that it doesn't work that way.

Still though in verse 23 it says "depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."

It's like even though it's "all" from God, we still have verses about people who practice lawlessness. Even though Christ died for the Law or our inability to keep it.

There will still be a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

"there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked."

"and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur."

I do believe in salvation from grace but at the same time how do I reconcile a resurrection of the righteous and the evil?

Does our salvation make us righteous? Perhaps it's the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Why not verses concerning a resurrection of the saved and a resurrection of the un-saved?

Maybe a resurrection of the (imputed from Christ righteousness) but those verses don't say that.

You stopped that just a tad short. It goes on to say, I never knew you. There are also those who try to earn their way to heaven by keeping the law. That in itself is lawlessness. because it says that if you break even one, then you are guilty of breaking them all.

Christ didn't die for the law, He died to save us from the law. We can not keep the law, and He did keep every single little piece of it perfectly, therefore His righteousness is imputed to us through His shed blood on the cross as a sinless substitute for us! Just like the Passover, when the Father sees us He sees the finished work of His Son, for the payment of our sin/ rebellion.

Because there are none righteous, no not one, then we have no other way to be righteous than to have it given to us by the atoning blood.

You said a mouthful there for sure. The Great White Throne Judgement!

Artfuldodger

You stopped that just a tad short. It goes on to say, I never knew you. There are also those who try to earn their way to heaven by keeping the law. That in itself is lawlessness. because it says that if you break even one, then you are guilty of breaking them all.

Christ didn't die for the law, He died to save us from the law. We can not keep the law, and He did keep every single little piece of it perfectly, therefore His righteousness is imputed to us through His shed blood on the cross as a sinless substitute for us! Just like the Passover, when the Father sees us He sees the finished work of His Son, for the payment of our sin/ rebellion.

Because there are none righteous, no not one, then we have no other way to be righteous than to have it given to us by the atoning blood.

You said a mouthful there for sure. The Great White Throne Judgement!

I still don't think you are seeing what I'm asking. I'm asking why is there a resurrection of the righteous and evil instead of a resurrection of the saved and unsaved?

"I never knew you" is a responce that they were never saved. I understand that. Still though there will be a resurrection of the righteous and evil. Not the saved and unsaved.

I'll see what I can find and share it with you.

Her we go, what about declared righteousness? I did mention imputed righteousness from Christ.
So maybe my question is, in the verses about the resurrection of the righteous and evil, is it imputed righteousness or declared righteousness?

Romans 3:28
For we consider that a person is declared righteous by faith apart from the works of the law.

Something along these lines maybe;

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law, to give righteousness to every one that believes.

Maybe that's my answer to a resurrection of the righteous and evil!

Artfuldodger

Maybe that is the difference, "declared righteousness" and in the following verses it is our declared righteousness;

Matthew 13:49
This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous.

John 5:29
and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment.

Revelation 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Spineyman

To me you are just splitting hairs. It is a contradiction of terms. It is merely pointing out how we are made righteous. If you do not believe in Jesus then you are evil, or unrighteous!

Romans 4:16-25

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all 17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; 18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.
Abraham believed God and it was reconned to him as righteousness. We receive the same exact way as Abraham did. We believe God and it will be reconned to us as righteousness as well.,

Without faith it is impossible to believe God, for first you must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Artfuldodger

To me you are just splitting hairs. It is a contradiction of terms. It is merely pointing out how we are made righteous. If you do not believe in Jesus then you are evil, or unrighteous!

Romans 4:16-25

16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all 17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; 18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him, 24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.
Abraham believed God and it was reconned to him as righteousness. We receive the same exact way as Abraham did. We believe God and it will be reconned to us as righteousness as well.,

Without faith it is impossible to believe God, for first you must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

Finally an answer, thanks!

Last edited: