Santa Rosa Beach

Can anyone direct me to a general location where I could set some crab traps and catch a few inshore fish out of a kayak?

slow motion

In years past we used to camp a good bit at Grayton Beach State Park. I fished in the lake there. It has a small inlet over near the Red Bar. I've caught redfish, trout, black drum, and sting rays out of it. Seemed to be quite a few blue crabs in there too. As far as the surf I mostly only caught whiting. The Choctowatchee Bay is north of you. Not very familiar with it but there should be some good crabbing and trout or reds in there. Hope that helps a little and good luck.

mlbowfin

you can get crab traps at the BassPro shop down from where you are staying. The harbor is a great place to launch a kayak if you go all the way to the end of Gulf Shore Dr to Noriego point you can park 20 ft from the water. The current is pretty wicked in the cut between the harbor and ocean but where the two meet is an awesome place to fish. you can also work the bridge and docks all the way to crab island. If you setup at the ledge of crab island where the water goes from 2-3 feet and drops to 6-7 feet you can wear out the Bull Reds 1st hour of daylight. hope this helps

rockpile317

Just got back from a stay in Santa Rosa Beach. I rented a house with a dock on the bay. Go to "Bay Baits" and pickup some live shrimp and fish them on the bottom in the morning or late evening up against the grass on points and you'll catch reds until you're arms are tired.

Open google maps in Santa Rosa Beach, type "Boat Ramp" and you'll see "393 Boat Ramp" come up. There isn't actually a public ramp there, but the pavement just dead ends into the bay. Launch from there and go left to fish the grass all the way to the point and you will catch fish.