Satellite radio

NOYDB

Mr. Know It All
Ever since they outlawed Payola, I've had to find music I like on my own. I go back to when you had to change stations on a the radio by hand. No Alexa available for us old codgers.

Big7

Ever since they outlawed Payola, I've had to find music I like on my own. I go back to when you had to change stations on a the radio by hand. No Alexa available for us old codgers.
I had several cars/trucks that had AM. Only.
Not even a factory option. 😀

If you wanted FM, it was one of those bulky, under dash things that you strapped on with hole strip or wire.. Then, a person was a "big shot". Heh heh.. 😉

I had several cars/trucks that had AM. Only.
Not even a factory option. 😀

If you wanted FM, it was one of those bulky, under dash things that you strapped on with hole strip or wire.. Then, a person was a "big shot". Heh heh.. 😉
and then we got an 8 track.....

Big7

Folks laughed at me when I skipped 8 track and went straight to Dolby cassette.. 😀

NOYDB

Mr. Know It All
In my early years, late teens to early twenties, I styled myself as an audiophile. I had early versions of all the formats installed. Thing is they kept playing the same tunes no matter what I installed. I went from under the dash installations to cutting out a place beside the glove box myself. I've also installed boxes under the seats and in trunks. With a hacksaw and elbow grease if you know how to use tools you can install a stereo wherever you want.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Anybody listen to The Patriot on satellite radio? I just listened to Don Jr blasting Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi! He speaks the truth and what the working class folks want to hear!
I listen sometimes, I like to catch Webb’s show on there. I used to listen daily when they had this libertarian Mike Church on there but XM dumped him.

I ain't gonna listen to politics on the radio, I'd just stay mad all the time. Mine is usually either on Outlaw Country, Bluegrass Junction, Ozzy's Boneyard, or Liquid Metal. I wish they would bring that Freebird channel back permanently.

Mine left to right:

95.5, 99.7, 100.5, 105.7, 100, 101, 9, 10, 34, 36, 38, 41, mad dog radio, cnn, fox, mlb radio, patriot.

I try not to listen to politics in the car except for when I just need to hear whats going on in the world.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
The majority of time mines on Red, White and Booze.:bounce:

My wife's SUV I bought her must of come with lifetime sat radio. Have never paid a dime ??
My truck came with a free year. When that ran out I cancelled it, because they wanted $20-some a month. After a couple weeks, they sent me on offer for another year for $30. When that ran out, I did the same again. :)

Anybody listen to The Patriot on satellite radio? I just listened to Don Jr blasting Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi! He speaks the truth and what the working class folks want to hear!
Bluegrass myself, but lately found Patriot, hear some fellar with a rough voice, don't know his name