Saturday Night Oysters and Other Stuff

ryork

Used up the rest of the oysters tonight from the ones my friend brought back from the coast a couple days ago. In light of my recent medical issues............... I would like to say that I had nothing but fruit and raw veggies for bfast and lunch today and that is the truth! Nothing about tonight's supper would qualify as "healthy"......

Started out with some oyster dome soup. Made a roux that was combined with some onion, celery, thyme, garlic, black pepper and bay leaf which sautéed in some butter before being combined with oyster liquor and chicken stock. Let all that simmer down and thicken a little, poured over some oysters, and then covered all that with pastry dough and baked.

The main dish was a get rid of whats in the frig and on the counter concoction........ Made a Cajun pastry pocket kind of thing by sweating down the trinity, some Andouille, and garlic, and then adding some chopped shrimp. Put that on the remaining puff pastry, topped with some parmesan, sealed it all and baked. No idea what you call it, but that was off the chain!! Served that over some fried green maters, along with some fried oysters, a handful of some garlic sautéed yellow beans I got from the garden today and some of my usual menuiere sauce.

up,6-15 (4).jpg6-15 (5).jpg6-15 (6).jpg
6-15 (12).jpg6-15 (8).jpg6-15 (9).jpg6-15 (13).jpg6-15 (14).jpg6-15 (10).jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow!!! Beautiful pics!!!!

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
That's your "get rid of whats in the frig and on the counter concoction"...?

That's 5-star quality eats, right there!

I'm guessing your wife doesn't like going out to dinner much, because she can't get anything as good as she gets at home.