Savage 111 Trophy Hunter

SCDieselDawg

Anybody own one or have any experience with them? A local shop has a couple in .30-06 with the Nikon scope for $299 + tax. I don’t really need one, but we all know the saying of never can have to many.

Robert28

Well, Buds has them listed for $495 so if I were you I’d buy 2 at $299! The 111 is the 110 just the synthetic version. Savage has weird model numbers and makes it hard to keep up with.

biggdogg

My son has an 11 in .243 without the accu-trigger. It is the most accurate rifle in my safe. Iirc, I paid $349 for the scopes combo at BPS 10 years ago. My son wouldn't sell that gun for a grand.

biggdogg

Savage is a great gun. Very accurate and under 300 is. Hood price. I think 111 means blue finish vs 110 that means parkerized finish

For all intents and purposes, the 10/110 and the 11/111 are interchangeable. Usually the 10/110 has a wood stock and the 11/111 has synthetic. Although I have seen the 10/110 offered in synthetic.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've got the 110 in 7mag. Love it. Tack driver. I can put a quarter over three holes at 100 yds.

lonewolf247

For the money, you can't go wrong! I bought that exact combo in 30-06, few years ago myself, for similar money. I ended up selling it though, for a profit, just out of my preference for the Weatherby Vanguard.

I would consider re-mounting the scope yourself, with blue Loctite, before you start. It might save you a headache, and a bunch of ammo.....or.... I would at least, detach the rings, where it connects, to the bases, leaving them hooked to the scope. Then remove the bases from the rifle, and add blue Loctite, mine didn't have any, and the base screws were loose. Then re-attach the rings to the bases, and just make sure the screws on top of the the rings are torqued properly for the scope.