Saw first fawn yesterday

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
My 12 year old daughter told me a couple of weeks ago, "Daddy I saw a baby deer while riding the bus". I told her "No honey you didn't see a baby, you just saw a small one"

After I asked her more about it, she told me it was really tiny and had white spots. I guess she was right after all.

MoeBirds

:type: Believe it or not, there's actually a way to determine exactly(to the second even) when a wild mature doe has given birth in a certain area and can even locate the exact spot :eek: !!!!

:D Biologists have tranquilized wild-whitetail does in Arizona and inserted a small radio-transmitter into the vagina of each doe. The Study was to determine the does in that particular areas prefered birthing sites. In order to acheive this they developed a radio-transmitter that at the instant it was extracted/delivered, along with the fawn, the change from the does' internal-body-temperature to external temperatures would activate the transmitter instantly! :clap: Giving researchers the presice location and time of said birthing.
Allowing them to find and measure freshly born fawns to conduct further studies.

Pretty cool huh?! :pop:

See coondog!.....one of us paid attention :D !?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
So I see the very first fawn of the year in late March in Cobb County running across the road, which would mean she was bred in very early Sept or maybe even Aug, and then I get this trail cam pic in Heard on July 2 and she has not dropped yet! What a strange year indeed. Although this doe not dropping is about right for our part of Heard with a late rut.

Jim

45697039.jpg

Latest posts