Saw it all on last day!!

valiant

Got skunked this year!! It was tough hunting this year! But I saw it all on the last day. Saw 2 lone hens feeding around. Called one within 20 ft. Saw a strutter in the middle of the clearcut in full strut with a hen. Nothing I could do with him! Then had to slam on breaks on the golf cart when a hen with poults run out in front of me!! Thats why they call it hunting, not shooting!! Lets go fishing!!!!!

Dinosaur

Nice to see you still have a positive attitude and are thankful. Much better than some that think the season is worthless if you don't get a limit. Here's hoping your 2016 is a blessed one.

vin-man

I got skunked too, but found my first ever shed (1 side of a 6point)while turkey hunting this year. Also had deer within a few feet of me while waiting for 'Ol Tom to show his face. All in all it was a good first season for me.

cumberland

Nice refreshing post. It seem's like some on here think that it is the end of the world if they don't get their 3 entitled gobblers.

Dinosaur

Nice refreshing post. It seem's like some on here think that it is the end of the world if they don't get their 3 entitled gobblers.

Yep, there are still a few that hunt and fish for the right reasons and know what a blessing it is just to be out in the woods or on the water. So many don't have that opportunity.