SC hunt from last yr

sman

Figured I didn't post this last yr. Might as well share it now.

So I got invited to go hunt some birds in SC. The farmer told me where some birds were and I was on my way. The first afternoon he put me in the back of a field where he had seen birds 2 weeks earlier. I hunted from 3 to almost dark. Called him and told him I believe they have vacated the area. Not a track in the field and it had rained the day before.

So we met up and went and scouted another area. This is what we found.

Attachments

• 20140409_072312.jpg
    20140409_072312.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 447

sman

So the next morning I was in the back of this field.

Attachments

• 20140409_064049.jpg
    20140409_064049.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 448

sman

At daylight a bird cut loose 150 yards in the woods on the right. I took off after him. 10 minutes later I reconsidered that move and went back to the field. As I sat down, hens were pitching over my head and landing in the field. I hit the call and big boy answered 100 yards from the field. Waited 5 minutes, hit again. Now 50 yards. Call down. Gun up.

sman

This is what happened next.

sman

Which led to this picture. ..

Attachments

• tapatalk_1397076727469.jpeg
    tapatalk_1397076727469.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 449

01Foreman400

Staff member
Very nice! That last picture is neat.

Don't wait so long to share with us next time. :bounce:

sman

Wait. No flopping.

sman

You need to fire that camera man. :bounce:

He has been replaced. GoPro with shotgun attachment.

Same shooter as last year. Hopefully he will have more patience and get some footage before he pulls the trigger.

sman

This one was filmed with a small cam strapped to the gun using a gorilla arm.

01Foreman400

Staff member

Same shooter as last year. Hopefully he will have more patience and get some footage before he pulls the trigger.

Looking forward to some more videos this spring. I haven't gotten that high-tech yet. :D

mauser64

Flopping? I don't think I even saw him twitch!

MCNASTY

I think you shot at the right time. The show is for the tv boys. I enjoyed the few moments he was on film but I like to see him up close a little more.

sman

I hung him on a limb for a little while. Went to work on a farm down the rd for 30 min. Came back and he was still a little wet. Took some pics and cleaned him.