Scrapes?

Rebel 3

I have a stand that I have hunted four times this year and each time the fire break in front of it has more and more scrapes on it, all about 50 or less yards from the stand. As of Saturday there were a total of 9 scrapes, some of them will soon be close to 4-5 feet wide. How many different bucks do you think could be doing this? Im thinking about putting my camera on the trail. I have seen a wide 8 pt and his daddy checking the scrapes during bow season, and a spike Saturday. Im trying not to hunt the spot more than once a week, but it is tormenting me. Maybe the camera will anwser my questions, and give me check times.

Thunder

I have the same problem...a good one! :clap: I found a place on the back side of the property that nobody hunts. Too far back in the thick stuff along a creek bed. Just smells of bucks with scrapes and rubs all around! :bounce:

I sat there for 2 days....45 mins before light till noon, and again from 4:30 till dark. All I saw was a bobcat, and a doe and yearling. Grunted off and on, and still nothing.

My guess is that the man is working the scape at night. Other bucks will check it too. The rut will be when I sit again! :)

My guess is that it is a territorial scrape line right now....but your in his zone! :clap:

My vote would be to stay out till the rut, then hunt it hard!! :shoot: