• scrimduck.gif
    scrimduck.gif
    51 KB · Views: 641

jason308

Nice lookin buckle HT! I take it that wasn't your first one??? :cheers:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Have mercy Tom, that is a sho-nuff beauty!!

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Beautiful work Tommy.

How big is that and what is the material?

CAL

Beautiful work preacher.I would like to purchase one just like it if you should sell.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
nicodemus said:
Have mercy Tom, that is a sho-nuff beauty!!
You and Delton done put the pressure on me Nick :)

Beautiful work Tommy. How big is it, and what is the material?
Thanks Woody - The buckle is about 2 3/4" x 1 3/4" The material is ivory...

Nice lookin buckle HT! I take it that wasn't your first one???
No, Jason, I've been doing scrimshaw on and off for about 25 years or more -- But I've just started doing the "stipple" technique (Thousands of tiny dots that the ink goes in to create the color) which gives a much more true depth and color to the piece...

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
CAL said:
Beautiful work preacher.I would like to purchase one just like it if you should sell.

Thanks Cal - I might sell some pieces later - Right now I'm just trying to perfect the new technique... I'd like to branch out into knife handles, pistol grips, turkey calls, antler art and such since my main work is wildlife art (Unlike most scrimshanders who focus mostly on nautical themes)I'd love to have enough inventory one day to actually be able to set up at one of the outdoor shows somewhere and sell some - it would be great to have a live display of the work actually being done, and I would love the opportunity to meet and talk with the many people who browse around during those shows...

CAL

I understand Bro.Tom.Your technique looks pretty perfected now to me!That Wood Duck is beautiful in the picture.I know it would be awsome in real life.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
great work T, keep it up and you may be rich one day:)...in the pocketbook that is

jeclif

I shore am glad that everyone isn't like me or there wouln't be any pretty things to see.
That ain't pretty thats purty real purty

dutchman

Looks good, Rev. Very pretty. If you ever get tired of preaching ::ke: you'll have something to fall back on. ;)

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Thought I'd move some of my scrimshaw threads over this way - Delton - You want to move some your your and Nicodemus' knives over to this forum as well?

Al33

HuntinTom said:
Thought I'd move some of my scrimshaw threads over this way - Delton - You want to move some your your and Nicodemus' knives over to this forum as well?
Glad you did Tommy. I somehow missed this thread back in December.

The buckle is absolutely beautiful!:clap: I have a good portion of my Pyrography book dedicated to the stippling method using a burning pen. I incorporated many photo's of an artist here in Georgia who used the stippling on gourds. He was truly awesome.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Beautiful work HT.:cool: