SD Card Issue

six

I have a 16GB SD card with 1000 pictures on it. It won't let me erase the pictures for some reason. I even tried to format the card and it won't let me do that either. Any idea what the issue may be?

davidhelmly

There is a small slide switch on the side of the card that locks it so that it cant be erased, it probably got moved to the lock position.

We have had several cards this season that I couldn't do anything with. I tried re-formatting them on my PC and everything. We threw them in the trash.

And no, the SD lock was not the issue.

six

Yes, the SD lock isn't the issue.

Dean

Same here, bought a 2 pack of SanDisk 16 GB few weeks ago. Both stored images fine. Unable to delete, re format etc on either card and tried 3 different PC's just for kicks. First I thought older firmware in one TC might have 'reprogrammed' to read only some how, but since I have put several different cards in that camera and no issues. Chalked it up to bad cards....new out of the box.

pic217

I use to look at pictures by putting the sd card in a card reader built into my printer, and I could not delete any cards. Then I got a card reader that plugs into a USB port in my computer and now I can delete the cards.

six

This is SanDisk as well. I've tried to delete on 2 different computers and even a Nikon camera with no luck. I guess I'll chunk it and chalk it up as a bad card.