Second deer ever!!!

My second deer ever and my best deer to date. What a fun exciting and emotional day. Deer came in to the VS-1 stick that i rubbed on the tree about 10 yards in front of my blind. This fella walked up to it like he was on a string. Finally got a shot and he was actually too close for my scope setup. Made a shot that I thought was good but it was a little bit back apparently. He ran off...I waited about 20-30 minutes and we started to track him. Ended up finding good blood and followed him for about 100-150 yards and blood trail disappeared. Called the dog in and he found the deer in about 30-45 minutes of excitement and frustration.

First deer i've gotten on my new lease with my setups and my trail cams. I'm pretty jazzed up about him. 8 points with a cool drop tine.
Congrats. Still trying to get my first one.

Back40hunter

Congrats on #2! Now would be a good time to start your diary if you haven’t already. I’m not talking about a condition/weather type log but a detailed account of each deer harvested. Trust me, several years from now they will start running together and you can drag out the diary and scrapbook to relive the excitement of every hunt?