Second hunt - you guys will be proud!

Jim Boyd

This time I have on camo and even wore rubber boots!

Had to walk through dog fennel and saplings to get here and I am not sure which way deer will come from (if the jokers even come at all!).

Skeeters are vicious - have tcell going full blast.

I am in some pines with two lanes out in front of me. Lanes have been mowed and limed a few months back and will be planted early October / oats and crimson.

First hunt in modified 20+’ Millenium and it is sweet.

630 now so we are moving into the golden hours.

Wish me luck!

.4E3EBAA6-E9BE-4A3D-BFB2-84D772074213.jpeg4E3EBAA6-E9BE-4A3D-BFB2-84D772074213.jpeg12D4F3F2-B170-4424-A25A-E1C305B6C662.jpeg2BCF5CF4-A052-4AA2-BE12-B0E0773CA152.jpeg

Jim Boyd

Have not heard any BOOM’s yet from gun hunters so I must be in time!

Jim Boyd

Bamberg Co SC

6 does and fawns so far...

Jim Boyd

Looks like they are headed toward a ladino clover field about 4-500 yards from here.

They are 70 yards out from me.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
:rockon: Go get ‘em Mr Boyd now you can kick and don’t need no carry permit to protect yourself.

Jim Boyd

:rockon: Go get ‘em Mr Boyd now you can kick and don’t need no carry permit to protect yourself.

Right on BYA, that would be harder with flip flops.

Just saw what looked like 4-6 pt velvet.

Can’t tell if he was part of the original group if he joined in somehow. Cover is thick in that direction.

They veered a bit - may be headed to a mowed field about 250-300 yards from me.

Jim Boyd

Got dark.

No good bucks.

Gotta keep trying!!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Looking good out there in the whitetail woods, Jim. Reckon you're on a weekly Friday hunt schedule. Better luck next time. Glad you've already stepped up to the whitetail challenge. Looking forward to next time.

Jim Boyd

BTHF - my schedule for the next month is not gonna permit any hunting.

I will get back on track in October.

Have a week off in late October for SC rut, I work a week (with no traveling!) and then off to Illinois for 12 days of whitetail madness.

More details as they develop!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Just caught up from your 2 hunts. Keep em coming Jim. I'll follow more closely now that seasons are opening up.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Good looking spot Jim. LFTT is gonna bust a move and crank back up big time in about 36 hours and you got 'er started for 2018.:rockon:

Jim Boyd

Yeah you will!!!!

Good luck!

I am high and dry til about October.

BornToHuntAndFish

BTHF - my schedule for the next month is not gonna permit any hunting.

I will get back on track in October.

Have a week off in late October for SC rut, I work a week (with no traveling!) and then off to Illinois for 12 days of whitetail madness.

More details as they develop!

Sorry about work getting in the way but it helps pay the hunting bills.

Looking forward to your Oct/Nov chasing whitetail adventures.

Would've been lots more fun having Florida & South Carolina LFTT updates with South FL zone A season opening July 28th & South & East zones 3 & 4 in SC season opening August 15th.

Reckon LFTT updates for Georgia will be hot & heavy with the bow opener tomorrow.

Way to hang in there.

huntzones-dmu.png

gamezones42015.gif