Secular morality vs bibilical morality

WaltL1

I was not talking about wearing dresses. I have worn a Kilt and it was not because I am a tranny.
Well that depends. Did you enjoy wearing it? :rofl:
Technically a kilt is a kilt and a dress is a dress anyway.
Kilts were traditionally for men but its becoming much more accepted for women/girls to wear them too. Nuthin stays the same.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well that depends. Did you enjoy wearing it? :rofl:
Technically a kilt is a kilt and a dress is a dress anyway.
Kilts were traditionally for men but its becoming much more accepted for women/girls to wear them too. Nuthin stays the same.

I did enjoy wearing it and the women apparently enjoyed too. Nowadays its bib overalls for most days.

WaltL1

I did enjoy wearing it and the women apparently enjoyed too. Nowadays its bib overalls for most days.
I knew a couple of guys that participated in those Highland Games and they said kilts were about 100 Xs more comfortable than jeans etc.
And these guys were big burly manly men I promise you that.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ain't nothing wrong with a kilt now. I have a buddy who wears a utili-kilt everyday . Rather eccentric dude, but smart as they come. I'm glad I know this guy.

A Kilt is a very masculine garment

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I knew a couple of guys that participated in those Highland Games and they said kilts were about 100 Xs more comfortable than jeans etc.
And these guys were big burly manly men I promise you that.

They were right, it's the little purse thingy that I could not abide, today's kilts are being made with useful pockets. Alas, l am older now and don't cut the figure I once did, so no more kilts.

Artfuldodger

I've seen some backpackers wearing kilts. I don't hardly like wearing shorts when backpacking or working around the house. When I get down on my knees to build a fire or hook hoses to a condensing unit, it hurts my knees.
I've seen roofer wearing shorts and sandals. Not for me!

WaltL1

Not possible, Art. The very basis, the very foundation of morality needs it's antithesis to exist. If it became a singularity it would cease to exist or exist ad infinitum.
Yep as soon as you deem something moral, by default you are deeming those things not like it as immoral. And vice versa. One creates the other.

Artfuldodger

Not possible, Art. The very basis, the very foundation of morality needs it's antithesis to exist. If it became a singularity it would cease to exist or exist ad infinitum.
So like we've talked about before; in order for there to be good in the world, there has to be evil. If there was no evil, we really wouldn't need God or salvation.

WaltL1

So like we've talked about before; in order for there to be good in the world, there has to be evil. If there was no evil, we really wouldn't need God or salvation.
Good, evil, God and salvation are all man made constructs :biggrin2:

WaltL1

If we take God and man out of the equation, is there still no good or evil?
Nope. Good and evil aren't a physical thing like a Chevy or a Ruger.
Man decides what falls under the word "good" or "evil". We made up the word and we make up the definition. And we change the definition as we go.
Or for a Christian, God decided.

660griz

It is accepted as something less than immoral, now adolescent boys dressing and acting as trannys is celebrated in certain cosmopolitan circles. It would have been considered child abuse not too long ago. Morality expands.
It use to be ok to marry a 12 year old in the US. Pedophilia was accepted back in the day.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
It use to be ok to marry a 12 year old in the US. Pedophilia was accepted back in the day.

Correct. Suggesting that we are trading one wrong for another. I see Right being out traded Wrong. I have this stuff in my own family, the full gamut. It's going to be hard to convince me that it's OK. It's going to be even more difficult to convince me that replacing the old values and moralities with these new ones will produce a better society.

Artfuldodger

Correct. Suggesting that we are trading one wrong for another. I see Right being out traded Wrong. I have this stuff in my own family, the full gamut. It's going to be hard to convince me that it's OK. It's going to be even more difficult to convince me that replacing the old values and moralities with these new ones will produce a better society.

Howe do you compare what effect morality had on society in the 20's to that of the 80's? Women and Blacks were treated better in the 80's than the 20's. We had gangsters and party people during both decades. People did marry younger in the 20's. Some say the decade of the 20's was when morality went bad. Women even started seeing themselves as sexual beings equal to men.

WaltL1

I guess it all depends on where ya sit in society.
For 2 gay folks who want to get married or even for straight folks who think gays should be allowed to get married and be miserable like everybody else, these new values/morals produce a better society.
For every person that thinks its better theres a person that thinks it worse.
And the world goes round and round.....

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I guess it all depends on where ya sit in society.
For 2 gay folks who want to get married or even for straight folks who think gays should be allowed to get married and be miserable like everybody else, these new values/morals produce a better society.
For every person that thinks its better theres a person that thinks it worse.
And the world goes round and round.....

What consenting adults do among themselves has never concerned me. What they do to children and what they demand from society does.

Artfuldodger

What consenting adults do among themselves has never concerned me. What they do to children and what they demand from society does.
Yet most homosexual children come from heterosexual parents. Homosexuals should not demand any more than heterosexuals. I feel everyone demands too much from the government. I also feel that the government doesn't give me the individual freedom I desire but that is another subject.

I'd say the morals and actions of heterosexuals is for worse on children that the 5% of the homosexuals.

WaltL1

I definitely understand where you are coming from and don't disagree with you in general. But it seems like you have a bit of tunnel vision. You mentioned children. "New" morality says young girls marrying adult men is bad. "New" morality says kids should be in school not picking a crop. "New" morality says you cant own someone elses kid and make them pick your cotton.......
So it really depends on where you sit as to whether new or old makes for a better society.