Security Lighting Question

Knotwild

I know this will be simple for some of you to answer, but I must not be wording my searches right to get the answers I want.

How can I purchase or rig a way for one or two inside lights to come on inside the house if someone is lurking outside and sets off a motion detector? I already have outside lights with motion detectors and a security system. But if I am away from home it would be great if say the bedroom and den lights would come on inside along with the outside lights. As if someone woke up and was alerted to a potential intrusion.

treemanjohn

Banned
All you have to do is jump off the hot wire that triggers the light from the motion sensor and run it to the light you want to come on.

champ

Not exactly what You're asking for, but I use pre-set timers on the outlets in my secondary homes. Set the lamps to come on at different times in different rooms during the night.

mattuga

Banned
I like this idea. Let us know if you come up with a solution.

I have 3 of the solar powered motion lights in my yard and feel those are a great deterrent. To be able to do what you are suggesting would be a huge deterrent to anyone with bad motive on your property.

Knotwild

I think the quickest and most easy thing for me is to use Treemanjohn's idea and run off of an outside detector. The house does have an alarm and floods on each corner. If I am not home, I want them to think someone is alerted inside.

Even better would be if lights come on, and a tape of a pump shotgun being cycled plays along with a voice saying "dial 911"!