seed spreader

jeffw

I need a seed spreader. I am looking for one that you can push. If you have one where did you get it? Looking for something I can use at the club and around the house. Any reccomendations?

Thanks,

Jeff

Last edited:

chipchop

Spreader

You need one with pheumatic tires to push around food plots. I know Northern has one. 150 dollars.

FootLongDawg

We have the one from Northern. The pneumatic tires are the key. Holds about 50 lbs of seed or fertilizer. Has a small agitator that breaks up clumps. The handle was pretty weak. We ended up breaking the handle but our chief welder Lefty made us a new super strong T handle and it works great. PLEASE, DO NOT ATTEMPT to use one without pneumatic tires. Your frustration will go through the roof if you do.

chipchop

Spreaders

Your definitely right Footlong, when I first started planting plots had a Scotts spreader from Home Depot. It has plastic wheels. No fun. Had to get my 22 yr. old son to do until the handle broke. We went to Hills and he had one 300 lb. spreader for our tractor. Best thing we bought that year and still enjoy useing it.